Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlurbaninternational

@ming: very happy here :) Will those same reviews get printed in magazines too?

Fisticuffs

Agreed, alot of people seem to love what they were shown, but just want MORE! :D

James Stacey

Are these reviews likely to make it to metacritic / rotten tomatoes ? Interested to see what sort of aggregate score they kick out.

Fisticuffs

I thought RT only starts collating reviews a couple of weeks before a films release?

radiator

Apparently the running time is just over 90mins. Perfect. So many films are too long these days!

CYCLOPZ

This is a lesson for future adaptations. It worked because they didn't try to second guess the source material. i.e the Dredd character, which has worked on the page for 35 years.

shaolin_monkey

Let's keep Dredd trending on Twitter. Everyone go and post something with the #Dredd hash tag RIGHT NOW!  Include a review link if you can.

dracula1

Also spreading the word and links via Facebook ...  :P

IndigoPrime

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 12 July, 2012, 03:55:33 PM
This is a lesson for future adaptations. It worked because they didn't try to second guess the source material. i.e the Dredd character, which has worked on the page for 35 years.
Also, a lesson for this forum, in that the marketing people behind this film DID know what they were doing.

Goaty

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 12 July, 2012, 04:37:54 PM
Also, a lesson for this forum, in that the marketing people behind this film DID know what they were doing.

THIS!

karlurbaninternational

@IndigoPrime: I do not understand your comment very good, terms translation. Does it mean this fan forum did not help for the marketing?

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Lee Bates on 12 July, 2012, 01:53:16 PM
Quote from: radiator on 12 July, 2012, 01:51:47 PM
I've potentially got to go to America for work in September. Is it wrong that I'm going to try and schedule it so as to not clash with September the 7th?

No, it's not wrong. Faking your own death in order to watch the film is also acceptable.

:lol: :lol:Bastard -I almost chocked on my tea on that one - Brilliant.

Happy Days.

(No point scoring Indigo -it's the FILM thats blown everyone away -thank GRUD, not anything else)

Mark Taylor

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 12 July, 2012, 04:37:54 PM
Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 12 July, 2012, 03:55:33 PM

There's still work to be done on the marketing front, methinks, if the masses out there who don't live on the internet and/or obsess about the latest movie releases are to even realise this movie exists. So far they seem to have done well at reaching a hardcore audience but not so much at reaching a wider, more general audience.

That said, judging by the various reactions it looks like Garland, Travis, Urban an co. nailed the actual movie itself, so hopefully word of mouth will do at least some of the marketing people's job for them. I for one will be telling everybody I know to go see it. Should they fail to comply, the sentence will be death.

karlurbaninternational

Well, Lionsgate has my 100€ (cin-tickets,DVD,BluRay). Not much, but my part.

radiator

Going to try and make it an event - round up 15+ mates to go see it opening night.

Realistically, the girls will probably opt out, but hopefully should manage to get a decent number together to go see it like I did with The Raid last month.