Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbo

Dredd rides a Suzuki,suddenly my old shitty bike seems cooler.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

karlurbaninternational

@Joe & Stan: Thank you for the Empire preview snippets.

COMMANDO FORCES

Here's a bit with Molcher, Tharg, Jock & Greg talk 2000 AD and DREDD

THE DROIDS!

chuffsteruk

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 July, 2012, 05:02:53 PM
New images in Empire:

Is that the new issue??I've not got mu subscribers copy yet and they said it was under embargo until Thursday!

shaolin_monkey

Wow, some great pics there!

Pete Wells

Guys, guys, GUYS!!!!!! I've just spent half an hour talking to the lovely Greg Staples (I'm all starstruck!) who was absolutely gushing about the film! He sent me the WIPs for the digital comic which are stunning. He talks about the movie, the cast and the première screening on my blog, ch-ch-ch-ch-ch check it out!

http://2000adcovers.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm geeking out!!!

SuperSurfer

Nooo! Look how Dredd is holding his gun! The film is ruined!

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 July, 2012, 05:02:53 PM
New images in Empire:

SuperSurfer

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 July, 2012, 07:25:19 PM
Here's a bit with Molcher, Tharg, Jock & Greg talk 2000 AD and DREDD

THE DROIDS!

Good little vidslug there. Nice (though a bit distracting) backdrop in that studio.

DeFuzzed

Quote from: Pete Wells on 25 July, 2012, 12:22:30 PM
Guys, guys, GUYS!!!!!! I've just spent half an hour talking to the lovely Greg Staples
http://2000adcovers.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm geeking out!!!

Great interview, lovely art and again, fantastic review of the movie. Thanks, Pete :)

Fisticuffs

I love that drawing, but can't escape the nagging feeling that it looks like the lawgiver is in Dredds right hand, know what I mean?

CraveNoir

He has two elbows in his left arm.

Stan

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 25 July, 2012, 01:33:15 PM
I love that drawing, but can't escape the nagging feeling that it looks like the lawgiver is in Dredds right hand, know what I mean?

Is Dredd supposed to be left handed? I hadn't really noticed.

But yeah, he does appear to have two elbows. The cropped finished version disguises it a little though.

shaolin_monkey

Judges are trained to be ambidextrous.

Fisticuffs

Quote from: Stan on 25 July, 2012, 02:32:18 PM
Is Dredd supposed to be left handed? I hadn't really noticed.

What I meant was that it looks to me that the Lawgiver is further away than his head, not sure why though, almost as if he's holding it across his face, but the angle of the gun itself precludes this. Still think it's awesome though, 100% better than anything I could do.  :)

Stan

The funny thing is that I originally thought it was in his left hand at first but convinced myself it was in his right until you pointed it out. Not sure how that happened. :-[

'Dredd' star Olivia Thirlby on "majorly badass" role
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a395143/dredd-star-olivia-thirlby-on-majorly-badass-role.html

They should've let her unzip, just a little bit..