Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

An Eastwood walk on would be a great way to acknowledge the connection. A friend criticized the trailer saying it sounded like a Clint impression, he didn't know anything about the character.

Especially if Clint parody something of Dirty Harry....getting into an elevator with some creeps for example only to have them dispatched by JD.

I think Fargo etc should be Urban...although I'd like to hear Clint say 'it was not meant to be forever'.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Stan

That would probably be a more sensible type of cameo all round. Less paperwork and a dash of humour. Everyone's happy. Let's get the petition going (after we reach 50 mill). B)

TordelBack

Quote from: BOODA on 29 July, 2012, 08:12:16 AM...although I'd like to hear Clint say 'it was not meant to be forever'.

Well by the look of the place it's only been a few weeks...

Danbo

Fargo dying played by Clint in a flashback cameo or something.

Dreaming but whatever.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Goaty

Off topic news, as there was article in Daily Mail about massive photo call 116 of the biggest names in Hollywood...

Could you guess who there? Our Judge Dredd Karl Urban! (number 16 in the photo)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2179351/Tom-Cruise-Leonardo-DiCaprio-The-103-billion-photo-116-Hollywood-stars-ultimate-photo-call.html

Bubba Zebill

Urban is number 9.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Stan on 29 July, 2012, 09:12:38 AM
That would probably be a more sensible type of cameo all round. Less paperwork and a dash of humour. Everyone's happy. Let's get the petition going (after we reach 50 mill). B)
Quote from: TordelBack on 29 July, 2012, 09:27:06 AM
Quote from: BOODA on 29 July, 2012, 08:12:16 AM...although I'd like to hear Clint say 'it was not meant to be forever'.
Well by the look of the place it's only been a few weeks...
:)
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 29 July, 2012, 09:40:35 AM
Fargo dying played by Clint in a flashback cameo or something.

Dreaming but whatever.

How do we get that petition going?

Danbo

I dunno but I'll sign it.
It would be bloody perfect.

Danbo

Just a photo or bust in the Halls of Justice would do it.

Goaty

I was taking my niece to see Ice Age 4 at cinema; there is posters there

Danbo

My local Vue cinema has it listed as coming soon on the website and lets you register for a ticket alert.

Spikes

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 29 July, 2012, 09:40:35 AM
Clint in a flashback cameo or something.

Now, this i'd love to see happen.

judgeblake

I think in the sequels there should be a Nolan-esque - the good the bad and the ugly - sort of 'rule of 3'.
If the sequel focused on the wrangle between dredd and rico (with a 3rd evil guy in the mix - e.g. Cal) then that would be an ideal premise to add a Clint cameo on the beginning as a prologue to the narrative of the movie leading in (as in my "pitch" lol) showing him as Judge Fargo and his dna being used to make clones. I say that it would be great if they could do that in the next movie as I don't think Eastwood has alot in him as he's 83 so in the next few years would be ideal for a clint cameo. Would he do it? - yes! if you had a good team that he would work with, good director, and if Urban and the writers told him abouthow Dredd is sort of derived from Dirty Harry anyway.

Even if Eastwood never does a cameo - as I realise it's a fanboy dream haha - I still think there should be Eastwood homages throughout the coming Dredd sequels. Perhaps Dredd could get shotwithout his body armour on, then reveal he had a kevlar plate of somekind underneath his uniform lol   

JOE SOAP

There won't be a Clint cameo and it's deservedly Urban's gig to flesh out Dredd & Fargo which is a challenge I'm sure he'd relish and would want to do himself. More importantly, I'd rather they spend the kind of money a big actor's fee would demand on more important things like an improved Lawmaster besides, Eastwood more than likely wouldn't do it.

On a side note: Dirty Harry was an influence but not a prescriptive one. Dredd is a different character and Urban has embodied that.

CYCLOPZ

To be honest I would much rather see Urban taking the roles of any other Bloodline characters. Not only would it give him more to do outside of the difficult Dredd role, it would make more sense and is consistent with the approach taken in the comics. I'm sure Dredd's clone brothers are supposed to be indistinguishable from him except for age.