Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Quotecurrent tracking figure of a 13-ish US opening weekend, 30-ish mill total US run

Ouch, that's pretty brutal. Oh well, those things aren't the gospel - here's hoping positive reviews and woed of mouth can help bring that figure closer to the magic 50.

blackmocco

50 mil is a tough number to crack for an ultra-violent vision of the bleakest future you can imagine presided over by a state-sponsored fascist, is what NS is trying to say, I think.

If only we had a wiseass walking talking teddy bear in our R-rated movie and we'd be set...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

COMMANDO FORCES

Go see it more than once  ;)

judgeblake

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 03 August, 2012, 05:09:54 PM
Go see it more than once  ;)

exactly!!!
or coax your rich relatives to invest in a sequel! or to buy 100 tickets each lol

Stan

I've never actually seen a film at the cinema more than once but I'm hoping this will be worth it. I have a feeling it may be a long wait for the DVD.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 03 August, 2012, 04:57:43 PM
Quotecurrent tracking figure of a 13-ish US opening weekend, 30-ish mill total US run

Ouch, that's pretty brutal. Oh well, those things aren't the gospel - here's hoping positive reviews and woed of mouth can help bring that figure closer to the magic 50.

2 months before it debuted BoxOffice.com tracking had predicted that District 9 would open with $15M and cumulate $45M.

The actual was opening weekend: $37M, Cumulative: $115M.

Hopefully Dredd has enough novelty factor and word of mouth to get somewhere near that.

judgeblake

surely somekind of commisioned bbc4 documentary about the long running 2000ad and Judge Dredd strip and how it's been extremely influential should be put into the works - would give good marketing to the film.

JOE SOAP

Embiggened for your pleasure

CYCLOPZ

Diminished Responsibility

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 August, 2012, 11:13:05 AM
Yeah, turning the leg would have made it so much better... Always next time...

Also looks like he's smiling, from that angle ;)
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

SuperSurfer

I just realised that's Ezquerra block on the right. Two namechecks on the poster. Nice one.

JOE SOAP

The grand designs of Gianni Versace:

Goaty

I think late Gianni Versace does really like Black Adder's codpiece?

Diminished Responsibility

That's not Dredd, that first picture looks like Captain America crossed with a gimp suit. The end result was no where near as bad as that was it?!
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

judgeblake

did versace actually draw a simple good design and then got drunk and took the designs to a gay club the day before handing them in where drunkenly let partygoers fill in the missing 'accesories' on the designs??? lol