Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

I'm ambivalent towards 3D and I can imagine the frustration, but Rebellion will have no say in this, I doubt DNA do either, it will be down to whoever's doing the distribution.

I'm not trying to be comical, but how well does it work covering one eye of the polarised glasses?

I would imagine that it's the actual 3D process of seeing a stereo image for a lot of people, and just using that polarising fliter to blot out one of the images would work, but is obviously far from ideal.

Like I said, the impression I got was that the initial run was going to be weighted to 3D and then have 2D for the remainder afterwards who can't or won't see it in 3D.

Bear in mind that people were panicking that there were no listings a few days ago, so it may be that concrete listings for future 2D showings won't appear while the 3D one is running.

Goaty

Beeks

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 06:09:21 PM
whether you guys think it's crazy to feel upset of being excluded from viewing the film I most looked forward to or not i really am that upset and It really does mean enough to me to cut my losses and invest my money where it's appreciated.  it's a damned shame.

I wouldn't worry..just heard Mr Tumble has been drafted in to do a fully signed version in  Makaton...

::)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Albion

It really does mean enough to me to cut my losses and invest my money where it's appreciated.

I'm sure Rebellion appreciate all sales, its what keeps 2000AD going.
The comic and film may have the same characters but are separately produced entities. Maybe you should boycott the cinema chains rather than Rebellion who have no say in this.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Goaty on 07 September, 2012, 06:09:52 PM
Quote from: chuffsteruk on 07 September, 2012, 06:03:31 PM
Funnily enough, I was thinking of you when the film started Goaty.How DID you cope?I don't know the exact level of your deafness. I do know that some cinemas have that earpiece equipment, but not sure if that would help you anyway?

Thank you nicely, I am profoundly Deaf, which means I was born Deaf.

I do wearing digital hearing aids, which help me hearing the sounds, but not very clear, I can hear the music, but not getting the words in it!

I do hear well in the film, people talks etc... great! but with accents etc, can be hard, I love the background music in it, and my favourite music is when four Judges on Lawmasters, that was great sound!

Good stuff!

Something Fishy

Quote from: Goaty on 07 September, 2012, 06:13:05 PM
I won't let my disabled stop me from see it, so driving then!

http://film.list.co.uk/article/45206-dredd-2d-screenings-around-the-uk/
seeing well enough to drive any distance is a huge help for sure.

so how does "won't let it stop me" add up if i crash the car because my eyes fail on me again?

Something Fishy

and by that I mean that i can barely see to drive now and never drive more than a couple of miles and even that'll end soon, so putting a showing many miles away from me doesn't help me and suggesting i'm failing not to overcome my disability by not killing myself in the car is unhelpful.

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 06:20:59 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 07 September, 2012, 06:13:05 PM
I won't let my disabled stop me from see it, so driving then!

http://film.list.co.uk/article/45206-dredd-2d-screenings-around-the-uk/
seeing well enough to drive any distance is a huge help for sure.

so how does "won't let it stop me" add up if i crash the car because my eyes fail on me again?

Mate, do you have a Paypal account?I'd quite happily stick a tenner in there(and hope some others might contribute, ) to help pay your costs there and back to the nearest 2D screening as I'd hate for anyone to miss out on such an excellent film.

Keef Monkey

whether you guys think it's crazy to feel upset of being excluded from viewing the film I most looked forward to or not i really am that upset and It really does mean enough to me to cut my losses and invest my money where it's appreciated.  it's a damned shame.

No-one is suggesting it's crazy to be upset, I'd be absolutely gutted. What is crazy is taking it out on Rebellion, who have absolutely nothing to do with it. Also, I'm assuming you enjoy the comics so depriving yourself of that because some cinema chains (and it is the cinema chains who have made this decision) aren't giving Dredd the screenspace/time it would need to have more 2D screenings is cutting your own nose off to spite your face. You're right to be upset, you're just upset with the wrong people.

I took the glasses off a couple of times to see what it looked like, and some scenes look entirely normal, some scenes have a slight double-vision going on (probably the ones they really want to pop). Not ideal but might be a decent compromise if you really don't want to miss out.

Something Fishy

That's an incredibly kidn thing to say, thank you  :)

But i would never burden the good folk on here like that and it wasn't what i was getting at. Just that nobody should have to pay 60 miles at least of taxi fares to see a film that could easily have been accessible to them.  I walk to my cinema.  It's 3 miles away and i don't drive now if i can avoid it.

Thank you though, that's lovely of you.

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 September, 2012, 06:26:37 PM
That's an incredibly kidn thing to say, thank you  :)

But i would never burden the good folk on here like that and it wasn't what i was getting at. Just that nobody should have to pay 60 miles at least of taxi fares to see a film that could easily have been accessible to them.  I walk to my cinema.  It's 3 miles away and i don't drive now if i can avoid it.

Thank you though, that's lovely of you.

Shucks, not a problem mate.I really hope you can find a way to see it asap. :)

Something Fishy

Thank you.  I shall await the lovefilm i suspect.

Meanwhil i'll just have to watch the Raid and imagine they are wearing Judge costumes.

Michaelvk

Fishy, I'd also happily chip in for your ride.. Make a day out of it, I say..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Michaelvk on 07 September, 2012, 06:32:35 PM
Fishy, I'd also happily chip in for your ride.. Make a day out of it, I say..

Indeed!

The Sherman Kid

I'm sure given the choice Rebellion would have released it in both 2D and 3D at the same time- but its not down to them.Whats wrong with a train?Its worth it.