Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Emp on 20 October, 2012, 09:30:01 PM
Goaty..JW looks very uncomfortable in that pic..... :P

Wouldn't you be if Goaty attacked you :lol:

And Richmond that is pure love, if ever I saw it!

chuffsteruk

Stop it, you, you...WHORES...! ;)

Stan

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: sauchie on 20 October, 2012, 05:50:10 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 October, 2012, 03:12:54 PM
Just saw the trailer for it on telivison :)

Is Australian telly using the US ads with the rock music and JUST ... DAMN ... AWESOME tagline, or something new? Are you getting the banksy grafitti posters on public transport or just the rooftop poster? Tell me more, tell me more, Thryllseekyr.

Just watch the trailer on the IMDB website here......

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343727/

It's the same one I saw except the release date is October 25th.

Radbacker

yep Seeker 25/10 is the OZ release date, must say i was supprised by the add on TV, it still needs the push down here as I really think it can add to the numbers, ill be seeing it at least twice.

CU Radbacker

TordelBack

Quote from: Judge Jack on 20 October, 2012, 09:31:53 PMKing Carlos looks tiny, that cant be right?

You woulldn't expect a robo-stogie to be much bigger, now would you?  Damn lads, those are some incredible pics en masse.

Keef Monkey

About the 3D blu-ray being bundled, I don't see it as a problem. To be honest I'd have expected to pay that for just the standard blu-ray anyway so having another disc thrown in is just an extra you can choose to ignore.

I don't own a 3D tv and maybe never will but I still bought the 3D edition of Prometheus because the regular disc was in there too and it had way more bonus features than buying the regular edition.

Danbo

I think one day all new TV's will ship with a 3D option anyway.If you own a PS3 you already have a 3D capable Blu Ray player.I was sat in front of a TV  about six months ago in Currys that didn't require you to wear glasses.It was amazing ,3D ,42 inch for about 600 notes.
This bundel saves me having to upgrade again.I can't imagin g George Lucas ever doing that.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Something Fishy

Once it no longer includes a premium that won't worry, I wouldn't set out to buy a telly costing more for a feature I can't see though.

I'm not sure though, the bubble seems to be bursting as it always does. I reckon higher res might become standard before 3d does.

Something Fishy

True the bundle being good as future proofing for most customers.

An option for those who can't ever enjoy it would be great.

Keef Monkey

What I meant is that I'm not convinced you're paying extra for the 3D disc, rather it's in there as a bonus in the same way that a great deal of releases now have digital, DVD and bluray copies all in the same box nowadays. The option for peopled who can't see it is just to ignore it's there.

Frank

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 October, 2012, 04:15:34 AM
Just watch the trailer on the IMDB website here ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343727/ It's the same one I saw except the release date is October 25th.

Cheers, Thryllseekyr. When folk talk about how pish the marketing for the film was, I can only presume they meant the initial trailer, because that ad works well enough in my opinion. I'm sure many more folk watched that ad on TV than ever sought out the trailer on Youtube or saw the original theatrical trailer at the pictures.

When people talk about the role played by a film's trailer in building anticipation for a film over a period of months, I presume they mean among film nerds; because I haven't paid attention to any trailer in years, and I'll be fucked if I can be bothered looking for them on Youtube.

Spikes

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 21 October, 2012, 09:20:06 AM
About the 3D blu-ray being bundled, I don't see it as a problem. To be honest I'd have expected to pay that for just the standard blu-ray anyway so having another disc thrown in is just an extra you can choose to ignore.

I don't own a 3D tv and maybe never will but I still bought the 3D edition of Prometheus because the regular disc was in there too and it had way more bonus features than buying the regular edition.

Agreed, as ive no real intention of buying a 3D compatable TV anytime soon, if ever. Wonder if there'll be just the one initial DVD/Bluray release for Dredd, or several permutations?

Richard

QuoteThis bundel saves me having to upgrade again.I can't imagin g George Lucas ever doing that.
If only Lucas had died after the third Indiana Jones film, it would have saved everyone a lot of pain.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 21 October, 2012, 04:41:10 PM
What I meant is that I'm not convinced you're paying extra for the 3D disc, rather it's in there as a bonus in the same way that a great deal of releases now have digital, DVD and bluray copies all in the same box nowadays. The option for peopled who can't see it is just to ignore it's there.

Oh gottya.  It's a fairly high price for a new Blu Ray, hence my thinking that is because of the 3d included.  Not to worry though, it'll come down soon enough.