Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 October, 2012, 07:47:27 PM
But what about the figure Goat Monster!

Fuck! Where that come from??

I was away for days! Looks awesome! But safety to said that Helmet and Lawgiver are bit off.

judda fett

That figure is excellent. Eagle pads lovely.

SuperSurfer

I would guess there just wasn't enough dosh in the budget to market the film heavily.

Other than outside Empire Leicester Square I only saw two posters in London.

I recall the posters on the tube for the Stallone version. They were pretty impressive. I don't buy the comment that no guns are allowed on film posters on the London Underground. Case in point the current Bond posters.

Some films lately have been advertised very heavily on buses. God knows how many times I saw buses with Looper ads. I remember seeing one pass and thinking I'll give that film a watch.

I'm sure if they could've afforded it they would have had the extra exposure of tube and bus adverts.

As for the trailers, I think the dialogue really jarred but came across fine in the actual movie. The "judgement time" line did make me wince but worked well in the film.

ming

I don't think I've commented in this thread since I actually got to see the film (which was a bit on the late side due to the release date here in Norway).  Anyway, I loved it.  So many great touches and subtle nods to the fans, and it holds up well simply as an action film without too much baggage.

Strangely, one of my favourite things was the sound of the Lawmaster.  I can't recall getting such a visceral thrill out of engine noise since I first heard the last of the V8 Interceptors rumble into action.

:)

radiator

QuoteSome films lately have been advertised very heavily on buses. God knows how many times I saw buses with Looper ads. I remember seeing one pass and thinking I'll give that film a watch.

Yep, no bus ads at all for Dredd.

That figure is bloody awesome.

Amazed it is a custom job.

Apestrife

Quote from: radiator on 29 October, 2012, 01:48:43 PM

The music - La Roux's In for the Kill - was poorly chosen and inappropriate - that aspect alone put off people I know. The film's actual soundtrack is great and would have served the trailer far better.

Being an armchair director, I would have made the 'rookie thrown in the deep end' aspect the main angle of the trailer - make the 'buddy cop' element the main selling point, which would have helped to deflect the Raid comparisons. I would have also used part of Dredd's opening monologue to set the scene, as it's so perfect and has some incredible imagery such as the spaghetti junction flyover and the city walls. I would have made the specifics of the plot more vague (such as not including whopping great spoilers like "Peach Trees is the manufacturing bas for all the slo mo in Mega City One" and Dredd throwing Ma Ma through the window).

I totaly agree with this. I don't know how many, including myself, who got stunned by how Anderson stole the show with the evaluation bit. And how few jump cuts the movie had. The film felt really fresh doing without constant cutting!

And not to mention how the clunky cut fighting looked amazing in the film, simply no words for it how off it looks in the trailer compared to the film itself. A friend who almost didn't watch the film soley based on that came back from the cinema amazed beyond everything.

And I know some who saw the movie based on the OST.

Goaty

Anyone remember a film called Dredd 3D?

:lol:

ThryllSeekyr

Saw the film again, though there was hardly anybody else in the cinema with me at the time.

Dash Decent

Quote from: pops1983 on 29 October, 2012, 10:54:53 PM
All 585 pages of this thread have been worth it, just for that arsom doll.

You mean 'action figure'.  We're all macho guys here*, we're not interested in dolls.  But I'd buy that action figure like a shot.

* except for ladies of course.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 29 October, 2012, 07:37:35 PM

WANT

Noice.  Though I hate to say it, it has Stallone's face  :-\
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 November, 2012, 08:17:02 PM

Pot calls kettle black.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 November, 2012, 08:50:38 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 November, 2012, 08:17:02 PM

Pot calls kettle black.

That doll has the plastic face of an ersatz Action Man, so I can see the point Jayzus was making.

Pete Wells

Quote from: Judge Jack on 29 October, 2012, 10:51:23 PM
Wowza! Some people just ooze talent, dont they. You could easily believe that was an offical figure.
Why cant 3A do summat like this? Or do they have summat like this planned?
That original costume version is pretty smart as well. Even though it has the ol' cod piece thang going on.

Ashley Wood (ThreeA bloke) actually said there was going to be a Dredd (and a Hammerstein) figure released before the end of the year - however, it'll have been based on the comic not the movie. I'm not holding my breath though as he does tend to talk cobblers a fair bit. I wonder if there would have been if the film was more of a success though?

Spikes

Well, if Ashley wont make 'em, perhaps that bloke who made the one in the photo's can make some more for the forum?  ;)

A Dredd figure Kick starter, anyone?