Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 January, 2013, 09:43:22 PM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 21 January, 2013, 09:28:26 PM
Lionsgate are so bad at marketing films it's unbelievable.

Maybe no one wants to see Arnie in anything other than a Terminator film.

At his age? There'd have to be some daft reason for why a robot would look old. I'd much rather see him play really old Conan. So Terry Pratchett's Cohen basically
You may quote me on that.

JOE SOAP

He'll be in the next Terminator.

Steve Green

Quote from: Pops on 21 January, 2013, 09:56:47 PM

At his age? There'd have to be some daft reason for why a robot would look old. I'd much rather see him play really old Conan. So Terry Pratchett's Cohen basically

He's not just a robot though, is he?

Robot frame covered in flesh, it just usually gets destroyed before it has the chance to age.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be terrible, just there's no reason he couldn't have been lying around for 30 years, unused and the flesh has aged around him.

JOE SOAP

Steve Green

Heh. I love that clip.

Bat King

A new write up about the film, saying why I think it is a good adaptation. You, fellow fans, will possibly have other reasons that I don't mention - I could easily have said more but I think the previous one lacked focus.

http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/why-dredd-2012-is-a-good-comic-book-adaptation-spoilers-medium-out-of-context/
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

MR. ELIMINATOR

I think Arnold is still a bit more liked then that though. Did you see the final poster? It was absolute crap and really lazy. What I saw of their promotion on the facebook page was almost identical to Dredd's. They just use a cut and paste tactic that really doesn't seem to be working that well.

I am pretty stumped about why Texas Chainsaw, Saw and Hunger Games did well as they all looked as bad as they were. (Haven't actually seen Texas Chainsaw but looking at reviews it sounds like I don't want to)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 21 January, 2013, 11:21:10 PM
I am pretty stumped about why Texas Chainsaw, Saw and Hunger Games did well as they all looked as bad as they were.

Horror and Jennnifer Lawrence always sells.

Stan

Or maybe no one wants to see Johnny Knoxville, period.

Dog Deever

I watched Dredd for the first time today. I got it on DVD. I liked it. Sure, the uniform was too bulky, the helmet too wide and the 'lawmaster' a bit poopy, but...
... so what?

Bring on the sequel.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

hazy efc

Why does dredd say at the beginning of this great movie 800 million people etc when it reads 400
million on the back of the dvd cover. Could someone tell me why as its driving me nuts lol  :thumbsup:

COMMANDO FORCES

In those few months between the theatrical release and the home cinema release the Dark Judges had been to town ;)

Michaelvk

Quote from: hazy efc on 22 January, 2013, 06:34:30 AM
Why does dredd say at the beginning of this great movie 800 million people etc when it reads 400
million on the back of the dvd cover. Could someone tell me why as its driving me nuts lol  :thumbsup:

It's 400 in the 2D version.. 800 in the 3D..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Fisticuffs

Quote from: Michaelvk on 22 January, 2013, 08:39:17 AM
It's 400 in the 2D version.. 800 in the 3D..

:D Roflcopter.

shaolin_monkey