Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 January, 2013, 05:54:37 PM
let them live in their shadow filled world of negativity

Or 'reality', as it's more commonly called :P We're all sat on the cave floor staring at the wall, after all.

Goaty

Don't listen to those moaners who say a sequel will never happen, let them live in their shadow filled world of negativity. Live in hope my fellow fans!

By the way, is it called a sequel if the next film comes out in 2029

Yeah!

My bet on 2035!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Molch-R on 22 January, 2013, 05:59:49 PM
let them live in their shadow filled world of negativity

Or 'reality', as it's more commonly called :P We're all sat on the cave floor staring at the wall, after all.

Some us still wear blinkers.

Molch-R

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 January, 2013, 06:05:59 PM
Some us still wear blinkers.

They should take that prop helmet off - they'll probably see better ;)

I, Cosh

Well, if people are printing unsubstantiated tittle tattle from here as news then I'd just like to mention that not only am I supremely well endowed but I am also a sensitive and caring lover. Unfortunately, I have had to give up my place in the first XV as my work on the cure for all diseases has reached such a crucial stage and it was a choice between that and continuing to fly the odd life-saving flight into the world's war torn regions for MSF. While I am rich beyond the dreams of Croesus, I don't like to think people are only interested in me for my wealth so I'll expect the lady to pay for dinner the first five times.

Contact me by PM.
We never really die.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Maybe a really rich person saw Dredd and wants a sequel and so will finance it himself. That's one possible way a sequel could happen. Yeah I agree it's unlikely, but stranger things have happened so I am remaining hopeful of a sequel, no matter how many times people say it won't.

I am sure everybody felt there would never be another Dredd film after 1995, but here we are now.

I don't think anyone expected Dredd to dominate home video charts after being a flop at the box office, but it is.

And not all films are made for money either. Plenty of Independent films are made and are good, and don't make any money, but the directors continue to make films. Plus with the advances in technology it probably wouldn't be long till anyone could buy a camera relatively cheap that was capable of producing movie quality footage.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 22 January, 2013, 06:17:01 PMPlus with the advances in technology it probably wouldn't be long till anyone could buy a camera relatively cheap that was capable of producing movie quality footage.

You all ready can.

It's the free-time and talent you can't yet buy.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Ha, yeah but I am sure there are enough people passionate about dredd who want to help make a sequel are also quite talented. The fella that is making that new fan film, plus the recent judge minty film are both evidence of that. Karl Urban was clearly very passionate and  proud of this film I could see him wanting to do another, and of course people would need to be paid for there time, but I reckon a movie set in the cursed earth could be done on an even smaller budget then this one and still look just as good. Even more likely in a couple of years time.

Trout

Truly astonishing.

I am struggling to reply in a polite way so I will try to keep my mouth shut.

Except: there is no sequel.

Steve Green

One of those mentioned hasn't been made yet, and the other took 4 years because it was being done on almost no budget, neither of them would be considered a sequel.

Yes, you may get the odd fan-film but, but having done it and literally having the t-shirt, it's an excruiatingly slow process.

And as Joe says, you still have to find people willing to do pre-production, all the production manager side, do post-work for free or find a lot of money to pay them - Cameras are the easy bit.

And before someone mentions crowd-sourcing, there are then complications since it's not your IP, and not something I'd particularly be interested in, I'd rather do something of my own.

It's just straw-clutching.

Buttonman

650,000 sales at £13 each or equivalent would translate to almost £10 million - or a third of the box office gross in a week. Keep this up for a few weeks and we'll be getting gold plated progs and an underware thread with correct spelling!

Stan

Chuck Sixpackman is pleased.

Stan

Wait. Is that DVD and Blu-ray combined?

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The verdict is in and Lionsgate LGF, a leading global entertainment company, announced today that the home entertainment release of DREDD claimed the number one spot on the DVD sell-through and Blu-ray charts with 650,000 units sold, making it the best-selling new release title of the year.  Blu-ray units accounted for nearly 50% of week 1 POS at retail.

Spikes

Havent had chance to read any of these posts, but there's gonna be a sequel? Thats brilliant! Can i put it on FB, now its offical?  ;)

Rusty

Quote from: Judge Jack on 22 January, 2013, 06:47:16 PM
Havent had chance to read any of these posts, but there's gonna be a sequel? Thats brilliant! Can i put it on FB, now its offical?  ;)
LOL no. I'm afraid I'm responsible for stirring that pot. It was just joyful optimism on my behalf. Some say folly; others join me in it.