Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldipez

Quote from: radiator on 07 February, 2013, 07:57:34 PM
QuoteThat look would be perfect for an animated Dredd.

Though obviously a live-action sequel is unlikely, I actually think an animated feature - or series - in the style of the DC animated movies - would potentially be viable in the future as a continuation of movie-Dredd.

I prefer DC's animated features over the hollywood blockbusters if I'm honest.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sheldipez on 08 February, 2013, 02:53:11 PM
QuoteThat look would be perfect for an animated Dredd.

Though obviously a live-action sequel is unlikely, I actually think an animated feature - or series - in the style of the DC animated movies - would potentially be viable in the future as a continuation of movie-Dredd.

I prefer DC's animated features over the hollywood blockbusters if I'm honest.
This. Mask of the Phantasm is SUPERB! :D

Frank

The DC animations look really average. If only there was a stable of artists already familiar with the character, who already had experience of working in animation and concept design for film and television, whose distinctive styles and original ideas could be used as a basis for an animated Dredd feature.

MICK MCMAHON

BRENDAN MCCARTHY

JOE SOAP

Chase-scene storyboards:

Emp

Being drunk and bored i decided to trawl through Youtube for reviews of Dredd and generally all are good apat from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCEg4SsHVkE , now everyone is entitled to an opinion but a least one of these people has know idea of the idea of Dredd.......that sais i am interested in the idea of "the big lie".....instead of the DJ'S is any future movie going to be based on "a question of judgement"?

alyd

SKD

Great find JOE SOAP, love the shot of Dredd riding past the school bus with the kids faces at the window.

Stew.

mididoctors

One gets the impression that the creative team was tight compared to other productions or at least this is the impression they are selling

is this the case? feels true.

judda fett

Langley Kirkwood aka Judge Lex is in Red Waters on Ch 5 now.

Stan

Wow. Looks like a B-movie from the 70's.

He'll also be in The Bible next month as King David. Blink several times and you'll miss him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hThfoBzWxw

Stan

"Wait? Are you kidding me? Did you just say "wait"?

Goliath. The Goliath. Finally gets on the wrong end of a sling, and what he says is "wait.""

Little_Tengu

Quote from: Judge Jack on 07 February, 2013, 09:11:16 PM
Indeed it is.

TV series? Cartoon? No, i want a proper cinema sequel with the same cast and crew, and i want it now! ( i know... i know... but a boy can dream)

I have little faith that a live action Dredd tv series would do well, mostly because I'm sure that network execs wouldn't "get it" or say that it "isn't right for their network".

I don't have much confidence about a Dredd cartoon series either. I know that "Adult" cartoons are all the rage these days, but who would air it? Certainly not Adult Swim because they've got the distinguished taste of a brain dead chimp and only cater to the stoner crowd ever since Tim & Eric hit the air.

IndigoPrime

Given that the Hellboy cartoon DVDs got canned after the first two—despite the character at the time having already had a reasonably successful movie outing—I can't imagine Dredd doing terribly well in that field. On TV... it could work, but again you'd need enough Americans on-side to fund it, and I just can't see something like that happening either.

dweezil2

Quote from: SKD on 10 February, 2013, 11:36:21 AM
Great find JOE SOAP, love the shot of Dredd riding past the school bus with the kids faces at the window.

Stew.

A little nod to Dirty Harry maybe?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Goaty

Garth Franklin of Dark Horizons website post his new feature; Best Films of 2012

On number 29;

29: Though "Dredd" was shot before and released after the very similar "The Raid," I saw it first and it is more up my alley with its hallucinogenic drug and violence-infused visuals. There's also actual character work, a fun villain, an interesting building of tension as the ammo begins to run dry, an enjoyable dark humor, and legitimate use of slow-motion which renders various scenes beautifully artistic. One of my favorite guilty pleasures of the year.