Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mimikeke

Preeeeeeeeeeettty sure he was talking about Dredd  ::) right? right?

Goaty

Another excellent but honest article.

DREDD AND THE FILMMAKER TO FAN DISCONNECT

http://www.twoshotstothehead.com/comics/02/04/2014/dredd-filmmaker-fan-disconnect/

Molch-R

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 03 April, 2014, 07:26:15 AM
Where's the rest of it. That just ends mid sentence on Jock!

Oh FFS, I spent all night uploading that damn thing - why does it cut off like that?! :(

Banners

We demand a sequel (to the panel video).

mimikeke

Very good article talking about what went wrong.  Goaty, you are an article finding machine  :P

Welp, if anything, I can tell you the movie got me reading (and spending on) 2000AD.  I could probably name about a dozen friends who definitely don't fit the demographic -girls, in the US no less - buying the prog, megazine, and IDW offshoots (and online subscriptions) because of the movie.  And actively, consistently posting about it to their online audience.  I got 500+ reblogs/likes just in the past month and I've only just started posting about Dredd on tumblr...a lot of these other friends have followers in the hundreds or thousands.

It was something mentioned in the recent ECCC 2000AD panel with Molch-R - the problem of reaching the US audience.

I had never heard of 2000AD before the movie and the old Dredd film was just something I vaguely remembered watching as a kid.  A lot of credit has to be given to 2000AD PR for some really amazing marketing with the movie tie-in, Underbelly, and the IDW stuff, even if a lot of people here groan about them  :lol: You can see more and more US comic fans becoming aware of the property and, if they like IDW/Underbelly, possibly delving further into the actual progs/megs.

So....maybe....even in the far future....there may be enough US (and British) interest to make another Dredd film.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: TordelBack on 02 April, 2014, 07:06:27 PM
I hear that if we can get Jim to call just 100,000 people a cunt, they'll make a sequel and a spin-off about Two Tonne Tony Tubbs.  I reckon it's in the bag.

Wouldn't we have to go BACK in time to get to 100,000?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Steve Green

Mike,

You can put a hotlink to Pt 2 - not ideal but since you can't amend the video without losing the original viewers/links that's about the only solution I can think of.

I'm not sure why it would cut off like that though.

Molch-R

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 April, 2014, 01:01:30 PM
Mike,

You can put a hotlink to Pt 2 - not ideal but since you can't amend the video without losing the original viewers/links that's about the only solution I can think of.

I'm not sure why it would cut off like that though.

Nah, have deleted and trying again...

COMMANDO FORCES

That's just so they can change the bit when Karl confirms the sequel, with a bit of cgi skills ;)

Goaty

Add CGI of Judge helmet when you can?  ;)

dweezil2

Quote from: mimikeke on 03 April, 2014, 10:45:47 AM
Very good article talking about what went wrong.  Goaty, you are an article finding machine  :P

Welp, if anything, I can tell you the movie got me reading (and spending on) 2000AD.  I could probably name about a dozen friends who definitely don't fit the demographic -girls, in the US no less - buying the prog, megazine, and IDW offshoots (and online subscriptions) because of the movie.  And actively, consistently posting about it to their online audience.  I got 500+ reblogs/likes just in the past month and I've only just started posting about Dredd on tumblr...a lot of these other friends have followers in the hundreds or thousands.

It was something mentioned in the recent ECCC 2000AD panel with Molch-R - the problem of reaching the US audience.

I had never heard of 2000AD before the movie and the old Dredd film was just something I vaguely remembered watching as a kid.  A lot of credit has to be given to 2000AD PR for some really amazing marketing with the movie tie-in, Underbelly, and the IDW stuff, even if a lot of people here groan about them  :lol: You can see more and more US comic fans becoming aware of the property and, if they like IDW/Underbelly, possibly delving further into the actual progs/megs.

So....maybe....even in the far future....there may be enough US (and British) interest to make another Dredd film.

It's great to hear that the readership is growing in the U.S, particularly from women and I'm sure that Urban's handsome visage and fan friendly demeanour is also partially responsible for and something else he should be thanked for in increasing the awareness of 2000AD worldwide!   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Molch-R

Molch-R

Quote from: A.Cow on 03 April, 2014, 12:40:45 AM
Molch-R: considering all the crap you have to deal with, I hope you know that your very hard work -- correcting the "facts" -- is much appreciated.

Thank you :)

TordelBack

Quote from: Molch-R on 03 April, 2014, 04:17:50 PM
Molch-R: considering all the crap you have to deal with, I hope you know that your very hard work -- correcting the "facts" -- is much appreciated.

A. Cow clearly has his sights set on the premiere.

A.Cow

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 April, 2014, 04:27:32 PM
Quote from: Molch-R on 03 April, 2014, 04:17:50 PM
A. Cow clearly has his sights set on the premiere.

Bovine sycophancy works every time.    :D