Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I have to defend the Tower, I've grown to love it. There's nothing wrong with stupidly tall if done with a little style and simplicity - it's not hideously shaped like that walkie-talkie monstrosity, and the way it stands like a single arrogant monolith at the end of Deansgate, refusing to be ignored by anyone for miles around - that's pure Manc, that is. It's also useful if I'm in an unfamiliar part of town because it's visible from anywhere and helps me know which direction is home!

I watched it going up day by day - this is my street:

(The concrete monstrosity between my street and the tower is a partially built office block that was abandoned during the property crash and nevr finished.)

In certain lights it can be quite beautiful:

M.I.K.

Sometimes happens with big buildings...

Everybody hates it, everybody hates it, everybody hates it, decades pass, people grow up with it, more decades pass, somebody decides to demolish it, huge uproar because its a local landmark.

shaolin_monkey

Date night with my new lady last night. We watched Dredd. She hasn't seen it before, no idea of the comic character. First words out of her mouth when it ended - 'That was awesome!!! Is there a sequel?!'

Folks, I think I'm in love.

Woolly

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 05 October, 2015, 08:40:10 AM
Date night with my new lady last night. We watched Dredd. She hasn't seen it before, no idea of the comic character. First words out of her mouth when it ended - 'That was awesome!!! Is there a sequel?!'

Yup, she sounds like a keeper  :thumbsup:

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Woolly on 05 October, 2015, 01:04:16 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 05 October, 2015, 08:40:10 AM

Yup, she sounds like a keeper  :thumbsup:

She's definitely a pass.  :D

dweezil2

Ah, the early bloom of love-I remember it well!
Only for, embittered years later, the veil to come tumbling down when she admits that she actually preferred Stallone Dredd all along!!!!!!! :o :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Bolt-01

"Ah Noo Yoo'd Say Dat!"

snigger...

COMMANDO FORCES

My good lady has never seen it!

Goaty

IndigoPrime

My wife's a big fan, although I don't think she's ever read any Dredd. (She dislikes comics that aren't 'finite' in nature, and also isn't keen on trawling through the entire history of the strip.) She even braved it in 3D, once it became obvious no local cinemas would show it in 'normalvision'. (We both have some motion-sickness issues, so that was a punt, but we both came out of it OK.)

shaolin_monkey

I shall relate a conversation in work for your amusement :

'Seen your lady this weekend Dave?'
'Yes, we watched Dredd last night.'
*whole team turns to listen*
'What did she think of it?'
'She said it was awesome, and asked if there was a sequel.'
*team cheers*
'Marry her Dave!!!'

:D

SuperSurfer

My better half really liked Dredd which we saw at the cinema.

Great you might say but a couple of days ago she saw me playing Dredd vs Zombies on my phone and uttered the words "I am the law!" mocking the voice of a certain actor and I am not talking Mr Urban.

Seethe >:(

shaolin_monkey

Ha! Yeah, at work my 2nd in command couldn't help getting a dig in. 'Did you tell her there's a prequel Dave?'

Bastard.

Tiplodocus

My Mrs hated it. Absolutely. I ended up having to justify the comic to her afterwards.  But fuck it, it's only a film. She's still a keeper.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Beadle68

My Mrs loved it, saw it with me in 3d at the local flee pit and said " there had better be a sequal as i want to see more of that" . sadly we all no thats not the case but she wanted more people, my wife who hates these sort of films wanted more Dredd and all those years she mocked me for buying the comics. :lol: :lol: Just goes to show what a good film it truly is.