Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3DS

Started by Cyberleader2000, 16 February, 2015, 10:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

So has any one elses given The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3DS a play yet.

so far in my opioun the remake had done things I like but there are plenty of things its done which I also don't like for example the game is a lot easer than it was on N64 what do the rest of you think.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Zenith 666

If it's made the bombers notebook easier too understand then that's a plus I had to restart three times back in 2000 because I'd not play for a few weeks and I'd forget what I was attempting too do.Still it's a wonderful game that only needed more dungeons.

radiator

It's one of the only Zelda games I could never get into. I ultimately found the time limit stressful and frustrating, and eventually gave up on it when ran out of time during a tough dungeon and lost loads of progress. Also remember finding having to play the first few hours as a plant creature really painful too.

Never saw what all the fuss was about really.

JamesC

I'm enjoying it so far but my love/hate relationship with Zelda continues.
I never played the N64 original because I wasn't a massive fan of Ocarina (which I still think is bloated and confused).
I'm using a walk through here and there because life's just too short for some of the head scratching leaps of logic you find in Zelda games from this era.
An example of my frustration is the bit with the two witches. It was the third day and I went to the witch's hut to find it empty. The witch had gone off into the woods. I went to the woods and found the witch. She said her sister had gone missing and specifically asked that I help find her.
At this point, quite reasonably, I assumed I had to find the other witch so I went off exploring. WRONG. It's not possible to find the other witch at this point. You have to return to the woods before the night of the second day and catch the other witch before she goes missing.
Okay, it's probably not the toughest problem to work out but it's pretty early in the game, quite annoying and ultimately unnecessary.

Cyberleader2000

ok you lot seam to have a problom with time limite so I'm going to give you a hint if you speack to the scarcrow in one of the shops in clock town he will teach you 2 hidion song that allow you to mess about with the time limite this will problay be helpfull to some of you.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Link Prime

Death to the naysayers!

This is a wonderful and complex game, packed full of surprises and side quests.
The 'time limit' is an integral part of the game design- it adds just the right amount of discomposure, but this can be eased later in the game when you learn a song that can slow down time.

Plus, you get the (limited) opportunity to transform into a God version of the main character, which looks something like that picture to your left.

It's in my all time top 10, and probably always will be.
I can't wait to get stuck in again- I've ordered the special edition from Game.co.uk (Game Ireland went bust years ago) so am eagerly awaiting that postman's knock.

JamesC

When the Zelda games get it right they really are great. Even when they misfire slightly (as they sometimes do in my opinion) they're still really good action adventure games.
My favourites in the series are A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, A Link Between Worlds and Twilight Princess. I also really like what I've played of Minish Cap and the Oracle games but I've never really got stuck into those.

shaolin_monkey

I want a 3D version of Windwalker please.  I have the explosions from that game tattoo'd on my back.

I was kinda tempted-ish by Majora's Mask, but the Ocarina really put me off.  I just don't have the time or dedication to get past those fiddly bits at my age.  I'm told one the new one where he becomes a mural on walls is much better to play just a bit at a time, as you don't have to play the dungeons in strict sequential order etc.

JamesC

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 17 February, 2015, 10:07:25 AM
I want a 3D version of Windwalker please.  I have the explosions from that game tattoo'd on my back.

I was kinda tempted-ish by Majora's Mask, but the Ocarina really put me off.  I just don't have the time or dedication to get past those fiddly bits at my age.  I'm told one the new one where he becomes a mural on walls is much better to play just a bit at a time, as you don't have to play the dungeons in strict sequential order etc.

This is correct, and probably why it's one of my favourites. I completed it by playing it for an hour or so after dinner each evening. The handy sleep function on the 3DS (or 2DS in my case) means you don't even have to wait for a save point to put the game down.

radiator

Yes, Link Between worlds is utterly superb, wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. A really streamlined and considerate Zelda experience.

Tiplodocus

I really enjoyed finally getting to complete OCARINA on my 3DS and am currently trying to finish Resi Evil Revealations and Link Between Worlds (which is great).  So it'll be a while before I contemplate purchasing this.

One of the lads in the office was showing off the new 3DS today. It does look very smart.  I would like one.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 19 February, 2015, 12:33:03 PM
I really enjoyed finally getting to complete OCARINA on my 3DS and am currently trying to finish Resi Evil Revealations and Link Between Worlds (which is great).  So it'll be a while before I contemplate purchasing this.

One of the lads in the office was showing off the new 3DS today. It does look very smart.  I would like one.

I should be getting my preorder one end of march I went with the limited edichion one but my order got shoved into the second run batch so o well thankfully I could not cancel my copy of Majora's Mask spechil edichion so I wont have to wait till then to play it down side I now own 4 copys of this game now
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Satanist

Zelda much like resident evil is a strange franchise were I much prefer the older games to the new. So heres my faves...

Snes-A link to the past - This and SF2 made me go out and buy a SNES. Its the best in the series as far as Im concerned as there is not and inch of that world thats not used to perfection. The light/dark world was a fantastic and original idea at the time and the gameplay is still sublime. And I still have the map that came with it  :)

3ds - Ocarina of Time - Have this on the N64/Gamecube and then 3DS and its the 3DS version which I finally completed last year. Brilliant game where the future/past mechanic works well but compared to ALTTP I find the world a bit empty which I guess is a side effect of moving to 3d which was new at the time.

Majoras Mask - Again have it on N64 and gamecube but have never completed it and plan to get it on 3DS as part of my summer holiday gaming bundle. Even thought it re-uses assets from Ocarina the world is much tighter and just feels alive. I always liked that they tried something new with the repeated 3 day cycle.

Ive also got A Link between Worlds and were as I was really enjoying it I just kinda fell away from it so maybe should go back and give it another blast.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

James Stacey

Minish Cap is a fantastic game. If you haven't played it you really should. Fun and inventive.

Cyberleader2000

so some of the masks have been redesined has any one seen the new vershion of mask of scents :o
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime