Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

Cosh - I had thought of that and its still rubbish. YET MOAR INTERSTELLAR ENDING SPOILERS...[spoiler]

If I exist in the future knowing all history and come to the conclusion that it must have been us that communicated through time saving ourselves there is still no need to actually do it. Surely I can just say I'll send that wormhole back through time next week,month or year. I still havent done it and yet it still happened and Im still existing. AND I dont need to hope some idiot falls into a blackhole.

Paradox - Parashite more like.[/spoiler]

Oh and while I'm bitching as for the planets...

[spoiler]Star Wars has been getting it tight for years with its Ice/Water/Jungle planets and yet this does the exact same thing. I guess it gets a pass because it MAKS U FINK HUH![/spoiler]
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Richmond Clements

I think the end of Interstellar is more simple than you're making out:
[spoiler]He's inside the black hole, and in another dimension where all time is simultaneous. He simply finds the place in time where his daughter is and tries to communicate with her. Yes, there are future humans who have evolved into pan dimensional beings, but they are not making this happen as much as allowing him to do it.
It's all about "Once you're a parent, you're the ghost of your children's future."[/spoiler]

JamesC

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 02 February, 2015, 03:05:38 PM
[spoiler]He's inside the black hole, and in another dimension where all time is simultaneous. He simply finds the place in time where his daughter is and tries to communicate with her. Yes, there are future humans who have evolved into pan dimensional beings, but they are not making this happen as much as allowing him to do it.
It's all about "Once you're a parent, you're the ghost of your children's future."[/spoiler]

[spoiler]But why does he make those marks in the dust on the floor, giving the location of the base where Michael Caine is and then, when they decipher the meaning of the marks does everything possible to try to stop them from going to the base. Like, just don't give them the location in the first place mate![/spoiler]

Richmond Clements

Quote from: JamesC on 02 February, 2015, 04:20:05 PM

[spoiler]But why does he make those marks in the dust on the floor, giving the location of the base where Michael Caine is and then, when they decipher the meaning of the marks does everything possible to try to stop them from going to the base. Like, just don't give them the location in the first place mate![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Heh. To tell the truth, I need to see it again. It nearly lost me at that point, but I remember rationalising it at the time... can't remember my reasoning now though! [/spoiler]

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 02 February, 2015, 11:47:34 AM
Therefore the mafia evolved from cowboy outlaws.

If the Mafia evolved from cowboy outlaws, then how come there are still cowboy outlaws?. Your precious Darwkins can't explain that, can he? Anyway, everyone knows that pirates are just knights who couldn't fit onto the Ark because of their armour.

Zenith 666

Interstellar was a bit of bust was'nt it.could pick holes in it all day.Cool robots though.

Professor Bear

[spoiler]He gave himself the co-ordinates to the base, but the message "don't go" he gave to his daughter to stop her leaving the family home and becoming the estranged woman he saw in the accumulated messages from Earth.  His daughter was the one who passed the message onto him when she decoded it, but it was never meant for him.[/spoiler]

Also the ending is just the ending from Disney's The Black Hole and I claim my five pounds.

Spikes

They should have gone with the draft that Spielberg was gonna direct. But yeah, Interstellar = pants.

JamesC

Quote from: Bear (PhD) on 02 February, 2015, 05:20:23 PM

[spoiler]He gave himself the co-ordinates to the base, but the message "don't go" he gave to his daughter to stop her leaving the family home and becoming the estranged woman he saw in the accumulated messages from Earth.  His daughter was the one who passed the message onto him when she decoded it, but it was never meant for him.[/spoiler]

Also the ending is just the ending from Disney's The Black Hole and I claim my five pounds.

[spoiler]I still don't get it. Why did he want the earlier version of himself to go considering the mission was a disaster[/spoiler]?

Professor Bear

[spoiler]It wasn't a disaster as Plan B was still viable thanks to his actions during Plan A.  Things turned out sucky for him personally, but in the bigger picture the salvation of the human race was still achieved, which wouldn't have happened with the original mission commander (the lady type whose name escapes me) who had different ideas about how to proceed with the mission(s) and would have died on the water or ice planets, dooming both Plan A and Plan B (and the human race).[/spoiler]

JamesC

I think I need to see it again!

Professor Bear

[spoiler]The lead character goes into the hole in space and experiences nonlinear existence, but this is irrelevant as he - the observer outside linear time - is a product of his actions in the past and those actions in the past (memories) cause his actions in the future (choices).  Theoretically, he has free will to alter the past or future by his actions, but he's a closed loop even outside time.[/spoiler]

So basically once you get past the Black Hole riff, the rest of the film is the ending of the Deep Space Nine pilot.

ThryllSeekyr

Saw Wolf of Wall Street the other nigh and again yesterday on cable and thought he should have brought a bigger boat!

Grugz

cloud atlas- started watching it, but thought it was weird and didn't make any sense, but felt compelled to watch the entirity
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Theblazeuk

And did you change your mind?