Main Menu

Does 2000 AD sell it's original art?

Started by The Adventurer, 14 September, 2005, 09:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Just curious, does Rebellion have an offical way to buy it's original art, or do the artists keep control of it so they can sell it at their disgresion?

I'd like to look into buying some Savage original art.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

LARF

Mostly all artwork belongs to the artist, so you will need to contact them or their agent directly, if you mail Wake he should know...

Byron Virgo

Charlie does sell some of his original art, and I should think he'll be bringing some down to the upcoming Dreddcon event on Saturday 1st October.

I'm looking at some on my wall right now, and it really is some of the best work he's done - lovely stuff!

The Adventurer

Unfortunatly I live in the US so Dreddcon is out.

And yeah, I too think Savage is the best stuff Adlard's put out, better even then his work on The Walking Dead, which is rather boss in and of itself.

I think it's because I like his work in pure B&W Lines rather then Gray Tones.  It's a much sharper image.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Art

Keep scouring eBay or the classified section of this site - I'm sure most people will happily ship to the states if you pay for it.

Oddboy

IIRC the grey tones in The Walking Dead are done by someone else - probably digitally, therefore the original art is *probably* just Charlie's pencils & ink work.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

Link: http://www.2000ad.org/artwork/" target="_blank">there's 2000AD artwork for sale here

Better set your phaser to stun.

Byron Virgo

Cliff Rathburn does the greytones for The Walking Dead.