Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willthemightyW

Quote from: sauchie on 20 February, 2013, 09:46:45 PM

I was expecting it to be a bit shite from reviews I've read here and elsewhere, so my expectations were well lowered going in; consequently, I enjoyed every second of it.

I thought the consensus on here was genuinely positive!
It's a great film! I thought I wouldn't get a chance to watch it (17, I don't really look 18), so I (unfortunately) had to find it online, and I had the 'for your consideration' thing too, luckily the next week I decided I'd try to get in and did!
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Lenny_Zero

Quote from: sauchie on 20 February, 2013, 09:46:45 PM
Django

I was expecting it to be a bit shite from reviews I've read here and elsewhere, so my expectations were well lowered going in; consequently, I enjoyed every second of it.

I expected a little more on the "crackling dialogue" tip.  But that's what you expect from Tarantino.  I think that any lowered enjoyment I had from the film was simply the knowledge that this scriptwriter/director is capable of better.
America is an irradiated wasteland.

TordelBack

Dredd.  Bog-standard DVD edition, ordinary telly and no sound system to speak of, my first viewing since my one cinema visit.  Grud, it is brilliant fun.  The wife loved it too.  The end screams, literally screams, for a sequel.  What a bloody pain.

Spikes

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 February, 2013, 12:31:51 AM
The end screams, literally screams, for a sequel.

It does that. If there was any justice etc etc.
Time for another re-watch of this!

Tiplodocus

I thought they had announced the sequel.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 23 February, 2013, 12:32:52 PM
I thought they had announced the sequel.

I know, I just get frustrated by the uncertainty over which of the proposed spin-off projects is going to come out first, Fargoville or Insurrection?

JOE SOAP

I think Faro's Millions is first out the gate.

Spikes

Southern Comfort. Not as brilliant as i remembered it being. And everybody goes crazy ape shit at the drop of a hat....
But still good fun, and well worth rewatching.

Buttonman

A dubious double header of Wild Stallion - no sign of Bill or Ted and The Cave.

von Boom

The wife dragged me out to see Warm Bodies last night. What a load of shite. A fresh take on zombies. Yeah, right. Tries to be Shaun of the Dead without the wit or charm.

[spoiler]Like a bad Doctor Who Christmas episode love conquers all, including rampant zombieism. Bollocks.[/spoiler]

Professor Bear

I have nieces aged 13, 10 and 6, and they are desperate to get seeing Warm Bodies.  I take this as a sign I am too old and too male to be the target audience.

TordelBack

Terminator Salvation.  Why exactly did I just do that to myself?  Totally predictable and yet inconsistent mess of a thing, with a couple of redeeming sequences (the robobikes, Young Arnie).  Some of the casting/performances are embarrassingly bad (blow-up doll Bryce Howard off Spiderman 3 and sweet-cheeses-WHY-WOULD-YOU-DO-IT Helena Bonham Carter), some were mildly entertaining (Chekov), but ultimately Bale's Connor is a soulless void from which there is no escape. I won't even start picking at the clueless plot at all, but I will say if I was a sentient global computer network I'd probably build a base with considerably fewer door handles and rather less T800-melting opportunities.  And another thing: how come my car won't start if I leave it alone for more than a month, but every abandoned vehicle in a post-apocalyptic world has a fully charged battery, inflated tyres and a full tank of petrol?  Gah.

Unstoppable.  Pleasantly simple film, nice central performances.

darnmarr

so much to say about that you don't like; so little to say about what you do.

You're as bad as me.

Jim_Campbell

I'm with TB on Unstoppable. One of those films that feels like those films they don't make any more. Kind of Jaws with a fucking great big train instead of a shark. It's not as good as Jaws, but you kinda see what I mean...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Radbacker

watched the last half of Tron Legacy last night, god i want a cut of that movie just done to the sound track no dialouge done right it would be mindblowing. So arsom looking and sounding until someone opens their gob.  Still want another sequal though.

Cu Radbacker