Main Menu

Bristol Expo 2006 debriefing!

Started by House of Usher, 15 May, 2006, 03:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Cheers Nick.
Glad you enjoyed FQ.
Particularly glad you enjoyed Wendy, as both Vic and I love that twisted little bitch!

And nice to meet you, by the way.

Bart Oliver

Genuinely pleased to make the (sometimes re)acquaintances of borders, fellow contributors and droids, old and new- even if the combination of two hangovers and a general lack of sleep made me come across as a monosyllabic dullard at times :s  

Heart felt thanks to PVS for all the gratuities he heaped on me over the weekend- I owe you. cheers.  

Pissed off at myself for not being able to hand over a disc of finished artwork to Dave and team FQ. Preparing for the OFSTED inspection at work for the last two weeks put paid to that. Really sorry.

Streamlined purchases to three things this year- a hard back collection of Tanaka Tatsuyuki illustrations and two pages of artwork from a very modest Colin McNeil and a very congenial D'Israeli (already applying techniques discussed in his impromptu photoshop tutorial).

Nick Dyer needs to stop hiding his talented light under a bushel and at the *very least* get his Rogue strip artwork up in the thrills section.

Finally, the quote of the weekend for me has to be:  

(IIRC- I'm paraphrasing here)

"I'm going to wake up at home on Monday(?) morning, flat on my back on the floor with a film of dust on my eyeballs and forty text messages on my phone saying 'where the f*ck are you?' and realise it was all a dream.."

Al, cheers for the sketchbook, are you sure you don't want Dom Reardon's Tharg sketches out of it?

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bolt-01

Bart: No sweat. Barely saw you that weekend, so it's all good. Hope Ofsted are nice to you.

Nick: got the comic in my pile to read, i'll let you know what I think...

Bolt-01

El Spurioso

Bart:

I've never seen so many horny comicky geeks glaring in so much jealous fury at a single attached bloke.  But you were that bloke, and we were those geeks, and you, sir, are a very lucky lad.

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's Significant Other."  

Ach, I'm going to hell.

Rob Spalding

Comic fan with girl?
Where?

Totally missed that.  Possibly through being so drunk and otherwise inebriated on Saturday night that I spent 3 hours trying not to be sick in the hotle room.

Lady Squaxx

"Bart:..........you, sir, are a very lucky lad."

- Of course, I've been telling him this for a very long time!

(The cheque's in the post.)

longmanshort

"Bucket of cold water! I gotta bucket of cold water for a Mr Spurrier!"

;P
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Bart Oliver

Er, in all honesty I don't know how to reply to a post like that other than.. thankyou.

And.. (garrrh) you're.. both.. right.

I am lucky.

There, said it now.

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Ancient Otter

Did anyone go to the Mam Tor stand? Will Event Horizon volume 3 be published?

nick-is-at-home

Also forgot to mention...

did anyone pick up a Springheeled Jack issue? Really great, im glad the Meg printed it or otherwise i would have never heard of it.

thank you THARG!  

Jim_Campbell

"I've never seen so many horny comicky geeks glaring in so much jealous fury at a single attached bloke. But you were that bloke, and we were those geeks, and you, sir, are a very lucky lad. "

Dammit - all those digital cameras and not one photo? Say it isn't so!

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Al_Ewing

Oh, I forgot about those Tharg sketches. You can keep them if you're going to treat 'em right.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.