Main Menu

London Film & Comic Con

Started by Oddboy, 08 June, 2006, 03:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Anyone going to the London Film & Comic Con?
I think I'm being dragged along by my FireFly obsessed friend so she can meet 'Mal'.

Anyone else going to be there?
Better set your phaser to stun.

+rufus+

petemaskreplica

I might be persuaded, at least to show my face long enough to justify going to the pub after.

Any small pressers going to be whoring themselves there?

Link: http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/" target="_blank">Darth Vader's going, you know.

GordonR

What's that I see on the guest list?

CHIPS legend Erik Estrada?

I'M THERE!!!!!!

Wils

And of course the Sheardster's bound to be there as well. I don't think he'd let his current status prevent him from attending a convention.

Matt Timson

Zombie Sheard- but would anyone be able to tell the difference?
Pffft...

petemaskreplica

And K-9's going to be there, so you'll be able to see what he looks like without the benefit of an editor to cut all the moments when he breaks down or bumps into walls.

Wils

No doubt all of his post-death convention experiences and anecdotes will be accounted in the next volume of his autobiography; 'Yes, BRAINS!'

Oddboy

Rufus, details as per link below....

Good-o there should be a few faces to look out for then.

Pete, I'd be up for a trip to the pub cetainly.
2 of the quarter finals are on the Saturday evening, so depending on if I've lost interest in football by then, or not, it might need to be a pub with a telly.

Link: http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.html" target="_blank">London Film and Comic Con

Better set your phaser to stun.

+rufus+

thanks for the link.
 We went to the last one (me, Brett, Brendan McC and Garry), and I believ the good men of futureQuake were there too.
  It was a bit like a scaled down 'Memoribilia' show from the NEC, not to much comic stuff though.
Still could be a laugh.
 It's always painful seeing your childhood matinee heroes signing the backs of crisp packets for ?5 a pop.
 I saw poor Margot Kidder signing at a show, madness dancing in her eyes.
  You always used to see Ingrid Pitt at the Westminster comic fair signing nude pics of herself, with smelly herberts leering at our aging vampiric actress.
 grim...
R

But 'Chips'..... I've still got my toy Jon and Ponch dolls somewhere...

Bolt-01

IIRC Byron went for us last year. Not going to be able to go this year though. Have a good time though!

Bolt-01

longmanshort

Last year's was quite good, I was there with EiN, but only really because the tables were free after they panicked that they didn't have many comic people there.

Nice to meet Brendan McC, especially as he did me a freehand ink drawing of a Brit-Cit judge - even admitting that he'd not drawn one in 10 years!

And raiding the VIP room for grub, surrounded by cast members from Lord of the Rings, was quite surreal ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

+rufus+

Yeah, that 'VIP' room was really something to behold.
 I wonder if Hollywood Premieres are as well catered?