Main Menu

Dan Dare

Started by Smiley, 21 June, 2002, 11:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

The Dan Dare CGI series is on Channel 5 from 6th July.

The Amstor Computer

...Bet it doesn't have the Mekon buggering Dan Dare, though.

Wake

This is what Alastair Crompton (author of The Man who Drew Tomorrow) was able to add.

"Yes, as far as I know, the date in the Telegraph is correct. Sony and Columbia Tri Star sold Dan Dare to Channel Five about three months ago. But when I checked they would not confirm absolutely that that was his final resting place. My Sci Fi TV contact told me that the decision would not be finalised until after the Venice Film Festival. A week or so after that, there is an international auction, when TV programmes for 2002 are put up
to the highest bidder. There was a chance Channel Five would be outbid."

Obviously, they weren't.

Apparently Titan are considering a revised edition of his book. Any comments Jamie?

Wake

2000AD Online

Never got round to buying 'The Man Who Drew Tomorrow' when it was available. So yes, a Titan reprint would be rather splendid.

As for the series, the CGI looks great. But expect changes. Digby is now a Cockernee, Peabody is no longer a botanist, square jaws and zig-zagging eyebrows are considered too retro, and Treens are blue.

And the rumours are true. The fearless Mancunian does indeed have a penchant for pink trousrs.

W. R. Logan

>The Dan Dare CGI series is on Channel 5 from 6th July.

which means no bugger will watch it and yet again another attempt to revive Dan Dare will fail.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/spacefleet/" target="_blank">Dan Dare - Space Fleet

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/character/dandare.jpg">

paulvonscott

If they don't want to do Dan Dare by the book, why not do another space hero by numbers?  That way they can do whatever they want with it.  Always very strange I've thought, happens all the time with licensed characters.  Incomprehensible.