Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Sylvia Miles, the actress in Midnight Cowboy and Farewell, My Lovely, aged 94.

shaolin_monkey

Philomena Lynott - Phil Lynott's mum. 

Quite a character apparently.  A regular at Dublin's Rock Museum, where she donated a ton of Phil's stuff for the final room in an awesome museum.

rogue69

The actor William Simons, PC Alf Ventress in  Heartbeat aged 79

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: rogue69 on 22 June, 2019, 09:55:18 PM

The actor William Simons, PC Alf Ventress in  Heartbeat aged 79

I always remember him from that episode of Bergerac 'A Man Of Sorrows' where he played the seemingly corrupt Chief Chater. He was memorable as the working class Chater who resented Jack Galloways more Middle-class Hallowes. Indeed, he'd sent him out as a lure to trap Big Criminals, like George Bakers thuggish Drug and Gangland Chief Higgins. Competent Actor who worked solidly far as I can tell for over six decades.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

MumboJimbo

Freddie Jones, who happens to be my avatar as Thufir Hawat in Dune, died today. Sad loss and a great actor

Tiplodocus

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 10 July, 2019, 08:33:21 AM
Actor Rip Torn of MIB fame and The Larry Sanders Show.
https://news.yahoo.com/rip-torn-larry-sanders-show-071928028.html

Aw no. "It's a Salty Dog.  Drink it, you pussy!".
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

sheridan

Denise Nickerson, actress, 62 (Violet Beauregarde from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory).

paddykafka

TordelBack

He'll aways be Bottler to me.  Tapes of his (and Billy Connolly's) accompanied us as kids on many trips out west, and I can still hear us all singing along to "There was Rasher and Razor and Bottler and me / We borr'eed a car and went down to the sea" (inevitably interspersed with 'Convoy' and 'Patricia the Stripper' - we were edgy, man). 

By no means all of his older work comes up to scratch for treatment of race, class and sex (I'm thinking of his Chinese Takeaway routine, to name one...), but find me a comedian from 40 years ago that passes on all counts.

rogue69

Karl Shiels  Peaky Blinders And Batman Begins Actor, Aged 47

Link Prime

Quote from: rogue69 on 16 July, 2019, 10:04:49 AM

Karl Shiels  Peaky Blinders And Batman Begins Actor, Aged 47

RIP Karl, and condolences to his family, friends and colleagues - including the forum member who worked with him.

47, ffs.

Tombo

The 33 (and possibly more) members of Kyoto Animations' staff killed in an arson attack, BBC, believed to be the highest death toll by murder in post-war Japans history and around 25% of the studio's key staff.

Professor Bear

I was shocked by how much of their output I'd gobbled up during my animuuu phase - FMP, Lucky Star and Haruhi being the most obvious highlights.  Terrible news.

Hawkmumbler

Awful, awful way to go and what a horrific loss of a cultural cornerstone.