Main Menu

Recent posts

Off Topic / Re: "Democracy's not for the p...
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 04:41:14 PM
Wow Sunak is really pinning all his hopes on Southgate pulling off a surprise and the nation being on a high he can geg in on ... at least that's the only hope I can see for him (fingers crossed)
Off Topic / "Democracy's not for the peopl...
Last post by Jim_Campbell - Today at 04:28:52 PM
Sounds like we might be getting a July general election.

I'll confess to not having a huge amount of enthusiasm for Starmer's version of the Labour party, but right now I just want the Tories gone. At this point, it feels like literally anyone would probably be an improvement...

(You don't have to register with the Guardian to read the linked article — just click the "I'll do it later" button to read the whole thing.)
News / Re: Regened is returning – to ...
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 04:08:46 PM
What Jim said. I'm not dismissing people who have constructive criticism and genuine concerns. I'm talking about people who are whining. I've seen enough bullshit about Full Tilt Boogie alone today to last me a lifetime. And that's not even going in the Meg. (And, yes, the "Regened crap" brush is being used often sine the announcement.)
Last post by Jim_Campbell - Today at 03:56:19 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on Today at 03:41:21 PMProbably worth pointing out at this stage that it's perfectly reasonable to not like some of the proposed content ideas for your favorite (or second favorite) publication. You know, without that being "whining" or "bitching".

Ahem. I've said, right the way through these endless debates, that people are absolutely entitled dislike any strip for any reason — they pays their money, that's absolutely fair.

However, the people I'm talking about are whining and bitching. If they don't like "kids' stuff" then they're almost certainly not reading a big chunk of the reprint already so they're going to get exactly the same amount of 'worthwhile' pages as before and be not reading pages that they already weren't reading — this is hardly "I'm cancelling my sub"-worthy. They are literally no worse off than they were with the previous line-up.

That's before we go anywhere near the people who simply won't countenance that anything from the all-ages experiments has merit — they just dismiss it all as "Regened crap". (And, yes, that's a direct quote that I've seen several times today.)
Prog / Re: Prog 2383: Blood Work
Last post by Richard - Today at 03:53:02 PM
I loved this episode of Intestinauts! Simple but very effective.
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 03:41:21 PM
Probably worth pointing out at this stage that it's perfectly reasonable to not like some of the proposed content ideas for your favorite (or second favorite) publication. You know, without that being "whining" or "bitching".

I was a big cheerleader for Regened for a good chunk of the run but, in all honesty, the significant lack of quality in some strips and then character missteps (with Dredd & Chopper) in others wore me down over time.

Folk have valid complaints. Even folk from the 90s.
Prog / Re: Prog 2383: Blood Work
Last post by nxylas - Today at 03:28:54 PM
Nice to see from the Thrills of the Future ad that Honor Vincent is getting a regular strip in the prog. And about time too.
Megazine / Re: Meg 468: A Storm is Coming
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 01:47:26 PM
Yep. We're chatting about it over here: https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=49750.0
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 01:38:21 PM
Well, quite (to both of the above). I wonder also if the Venn diagram of "people whining about Regened in the Meg" and "the only proper 2000 AD is the 2000 AD of my own childhood" and "comics for children would be better and a huge success if they were only like they were when I was growing up" is basically a circle.
Megazine / Re: Meg 468: A Storm is Coming
Last post by don wiskerando - Today at 01:35:20 PM
A new announcement has just confirmed that the Regened experiment will continue but in The Megazine, replacing the slots that used to be taken up by reprints. 

That makes some sense as it means the Regened stories get a more regular outing but they might seem or of place alongside, for example, Devlin Waugh.

https://2000ad.com/news/thrills-for-the-future-all-ages-comics-return-to-2000-ad-this-summer/