Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Pandora Perfect vs. Cradlegrave Rd 3 Heat 33

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 June, 2022, 06:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

There might not be quite the level of thrills we had last week in Week 5, but it exemplifies just how tough this tournament is becoming. A middling week quality wise and we still get some right interesting ties and some really top draw thrills. Its only going to get harder folks!

Could two more contrasting thrills have been pulled together. Pandora Perfect, darling of the Regene Progs - we can say that 'officially' now thanks to broodbliks Sideshow Vote which got it as top Regened thrill. Pandora has taken down Death Planet and Creep so far. So different from the tight urban horror of Cradlegrave. A thrill already battle hardened having triumphed over Scarlet Traces in Round 2.

Pandora Perfect - more info

Vs

Cradlegrave - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Monday 9th June and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

Huey2

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

abelardsnazz

AlexF

Oh man if Cradlegrave doesn't win this round there's something wrong. No offence to Ms Perfect but it's just a perfectly sculpted modern British horror story that is utterly unlike anything else in the Prog, a lasting testament to the way that Smith's comic work just kept on getting better and better.

Cradlegrave, for the love of heaven!

IndigoPrime

Bah. Pandora Perfect is excellent. The best thing in Regened and a very rare humour strip in 2000 AD that's actually funny and a great read. But Cradlegrave was something else—a properly nasty creeping horror of the like that's impossible to ignore. With some regret, because Pandora is fab, Cradlegrave gets my vote.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Blue Cactus

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Aaron A Aardvark

Promising newcomer vs stone cold classic. No contest.

Cradlegrave

rogue69

Barrington Boots

Cradlegrave really is a classic. Pandora's got promise but she doesn't compare imo.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

CalHab

Oof. Much as I've enjoyed Pandora, and we don't get enough humour in the prog these days, its up against a classic here. Cradlegrave