Main Menu

Side-side-vote - The golden goose-stepper

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 25 June, 2022, 11:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 June, 2022, 04:04:33 AM

Kill the City, not Dredd. Slowly strip everything away until only Dredd is left; the Last Judge, all alone in the lifeless ruins where justice, finally, prevails.

Wasn't that the premise of the dreadful City of Grass Dredd in the American issues?
DDT did a job on me

Richard

The barefoot Dredd picture was a homage to the cover of the Beatles album Abbey Road, in which Lennon was barefoot for reasons known only to him.

Big_Dave

sheridan

Quote from: Richard on 28 June, 2022, 12:26:18 PM
The barefoot Dredd picture was a homage to the cover of the Beatles album Abbey Road, in which Lennon was barefoot for reasons known only to him.

Oh, I know that - the bit I don't understand is why being shown barefoot is supposed to signify that Paul is dead.

Richard

I forgot it was Paul. I had assumed the significance had come from Lennon being the first to die. No idea what it means then!

Proudhuff

maybe Hippy pish by some heavy paranoid smokers??
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Quote from: Richard on 28 June, 2022, 02:26:45 PM
I forgot it was Paul. I had assumed the significance had come from Lennon being the first to die. No idea what it means then!

Nope, the 'Paul is dead' meme started in the same year that Abbey Road (the album) was released.

Richard

Dash Decent

I just love the madness of how many 'clues' there are to Paul's death.

I have a book on it ("The Walrus was Paul", I think) and my favourite has to be that if you hold a mirror horizontally across the drum kit on the cover Sgt Pepper, the half you see and the reflection really look like it says "HE DEAD" with a diamond/arrow shape in between the two words pointing up to Paul.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 June, 2022, 04:04:33 AM

Kill the City, not Dredd. Slowly strip everything away until only Dredd is left; the Last Judge, all alone in the lifeless ruins where justice, finally, prevails.

The sentence is ... death?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 29 June, 2022, 12:54:51 AM
I just love the madness of how many 'clues' there are to Paul's death.

I have a book on it ("The Walrus was Paul", I think) and my favourite has to be that if you hold a mirror horizontally across the drum kit on the cover Sgt Pepper, the half you see and the reflection really look like it says "HE DEAD" with a diamond/arrow shape in between the two words pointing up to Paul.

After struggling with that one I turned to the internet - you misquoted the conspiracy theorists - they've convinced that the 'chilling' message is "he die"

Dash Decent

Mea culpa, I was going from memory.

I dug out the book to have a look.  The first bit is meant to be 11/9 (1 ONE IX), the date he 'died':

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

JayzusB.Christ

That's a fair old stretch of pareidolia right there.  Lucky the internet wasn't around back then; his 'double' would probably be getting Twitter death threats.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

I can guess how someone got to flaffing about with a mirror and a record sleeve, still I'm convinced now.
DDT did a job on me