Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SneakeeX on 13 March, 2012, 10:20:30 PM
Thought they would have used the extra time to work on it for sometime more.
But anyway good news with the feedback.

That would cost more money though. With films you can fiddle around forever as long as you have the time... and money.

MattJW

Quote from: Michaelvk on 13 March, 2012, 06:01:07 PM
Heard today that apparently it's finished and everyone's really happy with it..

The film itself or just the trailer, mate?

JOE SOAP

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 March, 2012, 10:41:40 PM
With films you can fiddle around forever as long as you have the time... and money.

We're looking at YOU, Mr Luca$...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Michaelvk

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 13 March, 2012, 06:08:38 PM
Quote from: Michaelvk on 13 March, 2012, 06:01:07 PM
Heard today that apparently it's finished and everyone's really happy with it..

And.....................................please don't make me beg. :-[

That's all I know.. I'm as much in the loop as you guys are now..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

dracula1

Cheers for all your insights so far it has made the wait more interesting and bearable.

Gonk

Yeah, it's nice to know that the film is all done and dusted, everyone who's seen it is happy with it, and we can all go home now and wait until June for the trailer.
coming at a cinema near you soon

radiator

Good to hear. I was also heartened to see that Matt Smith said he thought it was going to be 'really good' in an interview. Up until now he'd appeared slightly cagey in interviews I'd read - only saying that it was dark and violent when asked his thoughts on it.

I've been bigging up/defending this film to friends for a long time now, saying give it a chance, there's some serious talent involved, it's going to surprise people etc etc in the face of some pretty negative buzz. Hope it doesn't let me down.

Fingers crossed.

dracula1

We are mere fans fonky, . . . and as seen thus far have had no special privilege to this project (bar the excellent Pegg and Urban short). Some of our learned members on the forum have clarified this so we are going to have to sit it out till autumn :-/

IndigoPrime

It's probably worth noting that it's commonplace for films to sit there for months before they're released, in order to ensure the best possible chance of success. Six months or so won't make any odds.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dracula1 on 14 March, 2012, 02:05:36 PM
We are mere fans fonky, . . . and as seen thus far have had no special privilege to this project

Nor should being a 'fan' be seen as a right to entitlement. They really can't and shouldn't be expected to please everyone.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 March, 2012, 02:13:39 PM
It's probably worth noting that it's commonplace for films to sit there for months before they're released, in order to ensure the best possible chance of success. Six months or so won't make any odds.

It's worse when films are rushed into production to meet release dates which accounts for the mediocre quality of some of the Marvel films, the Iron Man films especially, which had films posters and release dates before screenplays had pens on paper. Dredd is fully finished in good time.

Gonk

I was speaking in an ironic tone that is hard to convey on an internet forum.

Myself, I'm glad that everyone who has seen it is pleased with the end results. If we do not mention another word on the subject or see another sneak preview of a bit of it until the trailer in June or September I'm more than happy to let sleeping dogs lie.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Toni Scandella

Quote from: Goaty on 13 March, 2012, 07:21:01 PM
Quote from: Toni Scandella on 13 March, 2012, 07:17:13 PM
Surely someone should leak the entire movie on here for a day or two?  Just so we have a taster?

Why?

I was being silly :)

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

There is however a chance that this may be leaked prior to release. The piratebay seems to acquire a lot of torrents that way, how and who does it is beyond me. Some say (musings on torrent sites) companies deliberately put a R5 realease (is a copy of a movie made with a telecine machine from an analog source and is typically of a lower quality than other region releases) out to boost potential box office sales.
Never rub another mans rhubarb