Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mejustnow

And I've just noticed that I can post in the movie forum now!!!!
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 June, 2012, 03:03:50 PM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 07 June, 2012, 02:58:53 PM
Wow! Previously I quite liked the style they had went for with the shoulder pads, but I think like that he actually looks better.

Photoshopping Colin McNeil pads onto it doesn't make it either real or practical though.

Yeah, I am still happy with the look they have gone for, but didn't think big pads would suit it. Seeing that I think it does make him seem a bit bigger and more intimidating, maybe not the right one so much, but the left one looks ace.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 07 June, 2012, 02:59:11 PM
Horrible, that something familiar about that crap photoshop, is that you Who-Cant-Be-Arsed-To-Named?

Seems to be.

Diminished Responsibility

No its not "The-Thing-that-should-not-be" lol, new here, but been watching the boards a while, I've seen those shoops, I hope mine aren't THAT bad!

Couldn't put shoulders on right way round due to angles, basically i was just putting the two movie Dredds side by side and having a good laugh (at Stallones expense) And thought.... I wonder...

Quite like the end result, but for an action film they would be impractical. i noticed someone else had commented about dress and combat uniforms, that's why i said for special occasions.
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

mejustnow

Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 07 June, 2012, 03:08:19 PM

Couldn't put shoulders on right way round due to angles, basically i was just putting the two movie Dredds side by side and having a good laugh (at Stallones expense) And thought.... I wonder...

I get access to the full board and the first thing I do is snipe, I'm sorry.  It does look cool but I'm glad they've gone more practical because I'm hoping that Urban is going to put in a very physical performance.  No hands on hips highlighting codpieces.
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

dracula1

Nice idea and thanks for visualizing it for us.  It would be nice to see the judges suited up in formal garb with chains and shiney bits.  It might happen after the bust up in the block when they discard combat gear!?  ... Oh!  to dream.  ::)

Diminished Responsibility

QuoteI get access to the full board and the first thing I do is snipe, I'm sorry.

No worries, you were quite right anyway.

Looking forward to the film! Thrill levels are overloading already, don't know how I'll last until the film is released without exploding. Its like having a new girlfriend and been told "No access for 3 months!!"

At least we're allowed the odd fumble ;)
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

vzzbux

Would be nice to see the full eagle and pads for ceremonial dress only. Trouble is, that isn't what the order is about. Even the pomp and ceremony in the prog just had them in the usual attire. Ready for action 24/7.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 07 June, 2012, 03:07:17 PMSeeing that I think it does make him seem a bit bigger and more intimidating

Dredd: Freeze, punks!

Crim: Oh man, he looks pretty intimidating!

Dredd: Drokk! These new shoulder pads are too big and I can't raise my arms.

*Crim kicks Dredd's chin off*

blackmocco

Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 07 June, 2012, 02:57:09 PM
DREDD - Now with dress pads, for those special occasions ;)

Looks ridiculous. Perfect the way it is as a practical, functional suit. You stick giant lumps of eagle on it and we're back to Stallone's Fisher-Price version.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Toni Scandella

Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 07 June, 2012, 01:27:25 AM
Quote from: Goaty on 06 June, 2012, 10:42:53 PM
Quote from: Toni Scandella on 06 June, 2012, 10:40:53 PM
the helmet looks too small...

;)

It's getting bored and old.

Quote from: George Dread on 07 June, 2012, 01:02:13 AM
Quote from: Toni Scandella on 06 June, 2012, 10:40:53 PM
the helmet looks too small...

;)
On the contrary. The helmet looks the best its ever been seen.

It's called sarcasm.

Glad someone noticed I wasn't being serious.  It was more a comment at all the 'helmet is too big' comments all over the internet from the dark pics we had seen previously - as soon as we see a decent picture it looks spot on and perfect.

Danbo

Be cool if 'Hot Toys' got the Dredd licence,a 12'' version of that badboy would be my pride and joy.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Danbo

edit....not the shopped pic,the movie version.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Misanthrope

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 07 June, 2012, 05:29:51 PM
Be cool if 'Hot Toys' got the Dredd licence,a 12'' version of that badboy would be my pride and joy.

Oh, yes.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 07 June, 2012, 03:46:46 PM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 07 June, 2012, 03:07:17 PMSeeing that I think it does make him seem a bit bigger and more intimidating

Dredd: Freeze, punks!

Crim: Oh man, he looks pretty intimidating!

Dredd: Drokk! These new shoulder pads are too big and I can't raise my arms.

*Crim kicks Dredd's chin off*

Surely that would just break his foot?