Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 June, 2012, 12:42:17 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 June, 2012, 12:14:44 PM
Quote from: Molch-R on 08 June, 2012, 12:05:32 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 June, 2012, 12:02:01 PM
Don't worry the site will be down when it comes.

Don't tempt me.

Do it!

Hahahaha! That is effin brilliant, but you have just destroyed Watchmen for me forevermore!

MR. ELIMINATOR

I don't think the trailer will be attached to a film. Not debuting anyway. It is way cheaper for them to just put it on youtube, and more people will see it.

The dredd page already has 30,000 followers, plus all the movie sites that will share the trailer, it will spread like wildfire.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Molch-R on 08 June, 2012, 11:48:09 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 08 June, 2012, 11:34:07 AM
It was pretty exciting though. If that had been released as the first shot instead of the one we got, this thread would be 50 pages shorter :D

You're joking, right?

Spot on Stacey. :thumbsup:

Stan

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 08 June, 2012, 12:57:22 PM
I don't think the trailer will be attached to a film. Not debuting anyway. It is way cheaper for them to just put it on youtube, and more people will see it.

The dredd page already has 30,000 followers, plus all the movie sites that will share the trailer, it will spread like wildfire.

Indeed. I'm not paying 15 quid to watch a trailer anyway. If it happens to be attached to a film I'm already seeing then that's just an added bonus.

It'll be attached to the internet. That's all I need to know.  :P

Spaceghost

Does this actually happen? I know Dredd isn't a big Hollywood blockbuster but surely the trailer will be shown in cinemas won't it?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Bubba Zebill

Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

JOE SOAP

I'd say Molcher has a shrivelled blue penis too.

Stan

Quote from: Lee Bates on 08 June, 2012, 02:01:43 PM

Does this actually happen? I know Dredd isn't a big Hollywood blockbuster but surely the trailer will be shown in cinemas won't it?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be shown in cinemas. There's a decent chance it could debut on the web though.

Steve Green

Quote from: Lee Bates on 08 June, 2012, 02:01:43 PM

I can't imagine it wouldn't get shown in cinemas as it's getting a theatrical release, especially because of the 3D angle where they have a captive audience who can actually see it in 3D without buying 3D monitors/glasses.

There was a trailer for some UK film which looked shoestring budget in front of Prometheus for example.

CYCLOPZ

Molch-R

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 June, 2012, 02:18:08 PM

Only when it's cold.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I am not sure how it works exactly, but I think it will be more a case of cinemas that will be screening it will show the trailers for it?

I know this is how it works at the cinema I work at as it is small and only has one screen so can't screen all films that are out so no point advertising something that you won't be showing.

Though I hope we will be showing it.

JOE SOAP

Dredd will be opening nationwide in both U.S. & the U.K. and all across Europe so there should be plenty of chances to see it plus there'll be T.V. spots -this is where the money needs to go not on internet campaigns aimed at geeks- so there really is nothing to worry about.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Molch-R on 08 June, 2012, 02:48:10 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 June, 2012, 02:18:08 PM

Only when it's cold.

It's cold up there.