Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

This is worse than The Political Thread.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Stan on 09 June, 2012, 12:27:54 AM
Quote from: W. R. Logan on 08 June, 2012, 11:12:50 PM
Why is what should possibly be one of the most exciting threads on the board have turned out to be one of the longest and most boring.

Because.
Boring is the new black.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Frank

Quote from: M.I.K. on 09 June, 2012, 12:13:11 AM
...and nowhere on that poster is there even any indication of who's playing the role. Bit unusual.

Urban's not a star name and this isn't a star vehicle.

Why emphasise something that isn't a (particular) asset? Urban will make a fine Dredd, but the fact he doesn't bring the same star baggage as Stallone did is one of the best things this film has going for it.

The faceless aspect of the poster is making a virtue out of the unalterable fact that even if you had Brad Pitt or Robert DeNiro under that helmet their million dollar pusses would be unrecognisable. Whatever Urban's reasons for taking this role were, making his face more well known wasn't one of them.

blackmocco

And yet it'll get him a ton of attention based on the fact he doesn't show his face.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

darnmarr

Why is what should possibly be one of the most exciting threads on the board have turned out to be one of the longest and most boring.
I dunno, maybe because, even in the aftermath of some much-anticipated and really rather cool imagery, some folk think the time is suddenly right to ignore the subject and instead comment on the thread itself?

Your comment annoys me, sir. Meanwhile, on-topic...this looks better than I had dared hope. The elements fit and even a passing tribute to the great Wulf Sternhammer demonstrates a heart-in-the-right-place factor which is worth it's weight in Stookie glands. Der stick could not be happier....matron. :P

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

All credit to Karl Urban for a) wanting to do the film b) actually having read Dredd c) keeping the helmet on and d) for not being a primadonna.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

M.I.K.

Quote from: bikini kill on 09 June, 2012, 01:00:51 AM
Urban's not a star name and this isn't a star vehicle.

Why emphasise something that isn't a (particular) asset? Urban will make a fine Dredd, but the fact he doesn't bring the same star baggage as Stallone did is one of the best things this film has going for it.

The faceless aspect of the poster is making a virtue out of the unalterable fact that even if you had Brad Pitt or Robert DeNiro under that helmet their million dollar pusses would be unrecognisable. Whatever Urban's reasons for taking this role were, making his face more well known wasn't one of them.

I know.

Wasn't criticising it. I like it.

JamesC

Probably the same reason that one of the oldest posters, who's apparently a really big fan of Dredd and 2000ad, is such a negative and miserable sod - sometimes people will post anything to get a reaction.

Misanthrope

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 09 June, 2012, 01:08:36 AM
All credit to Karl Urban for a) wanting to do the film b) actually having read Dredd c) keeping the helmet on and d) for not being a primadonna.

And kudos to the films producers.

When was the last time a film based on a comic actually had the writer as an adviser, and they took, and implemented, his advice?
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

karlurbaninternational

Boring? ..imho, this thread is the first source for all Dredd News. I mean, it is like having x-krillion eyes out on the internet and here it comes all together with sources and knowledge and references and almost in realtime.

@kowalsky and karl comment: *applause*

MR. ELIMINATOR

Dredd is going to be the best film in the history of the universe. I can feel it in my socks.

Diminished Responsibility

If anyone would like one, I cut a nice Facebook banner for the new film from MC-1. Hope you like (as an apology for the shoulderpad debacle, lol)

"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

JOE SOAP

Have pity^, he's just lost an arm (again).

JOE SOAP

Quote from: M.I.K. on 09 June, 2012, 12:13:11 AM
...and nowhere on that poster is there even any indication of who's playing the role. Bit unusual.

DREDD is the star.

Diminished Responsibility

how about a nice little portrait to go with it :)

"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"