Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario Di Giacomo

Quote from: Lee Bates on 09 June, 2012, 01:18:07 PM
On the poster it says 'In 3D and Real D 3D'. Any of you film bods feel like explaining the difference?

Apologies to Logan if this question does not meet his exacting criteria for an interesting post.

Different 3D processes.  Basically, different kinds of glasses.
Mario Di Giacomo

dracula1

Erm! That last comment isn't interesting enough!
... And neither is this one.  Apologises fellow boarders for this and the previous posts blandness!

shaolin_monkey

RealD 3D cinema technology uses circularly polarized light to produce stereoscopic image projection. The advantage of circular polarization over linear polarization is that viewers are able to tilt their head and look about the theater naturally without seeing double or darkened images. However, as with other systems, any significant head tilt will result in incorrect parallax and prevent the brain from correctly fusing the stereoscopic images.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealD_Cinema

A.Cow

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 09 June, 2012, 01:05:46 PM
Ok, 4000 posts, how many of those have actually said something?
At times when there is nothing to say then say nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8EMbGTSWMI

Mardroid

I don't disagree that large chunks of this thread is pretty boring, and repetitive. (No offence guys. I totally understand why, it's not as if we've had a whole lot to talk about.) It was just odd seeing that post just after those new pictures were posted! Unless the poster hadn't actually seen them at that point and was reacting to the blurb that went on before.

Anyhow. I'm not sure if this is just me, but Dredd's arm looks disproportionately long in that poster. I'm sure it's just an optical illusion due to the angle or something (or just my funny mind). I don't intend that as a criticism, mind. Fits that old  saying about 'the long arm of the law'. Heh. It truly is a good image.

Bat King

I can't see anything wrong with his arm...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mardroid on 09 June, 2012, 02:01:31 PM
I don't disagree that large chunks of this thread is pretty boring, and repetitive. (No offence guys. I totally understand why, it's not as if we've had a whole lot to talk about.) It was just odd seeing that post just after those new pictures were posted! Unless the poster hadn't actually seen them at that point and was reacting to the blurb that went on before.

Give the fella a break he's just lost an arm and won't be getting another one. (cut-backs)

Quote from: Mardroid on 09 June, 2012, 02:01:31 PMAnyhow. I'm not sure if this is just me, but Dredd's arm looks disproportionately long in that poster.

As long as these:

Danbo

That will have much more impact in 3D,lawgiver right up your nose.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Bat King

Pretty much same arms I think we can agree.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 09 June, 2012, 02:13:44 PM
That will have much more impact in 3D,lawgiver right up your nose.

Good point-that will look surreal/awesome to see Dredd pointing straight at you in 3D

MR. ELIMINATOR

I thought his arms looked quite long as well.

JOE SOAP

Having long-arms may be the answer.

Mardroid

Oh, I'm sure the arm is all his and it's just an angle thing. Or Mardroid needs his ocular units (and possibly the  squishy mess behind them) upgraded.

And no complaint intended. It's a fantastic image.

mogzilla

frickin arsomness abounds!!! now, will all the naughty boys girls and scojos please go and sit on the naughty step fo all the negativeness and naysaying they did? roger'll have to budge up.

Skullgrin140

My excitement for this film is incredibly high, my one hope for this movie is that if it's successful 2000AD will hopefully be exposed abit more to the Mainstream audience and we can see other movies of some of there comics being made, the other one is that if the film is a success then we can see a sequel involving The Dark Judges.

Out of all the films to come out this year, Dredd is the one that has me really hyped up.