Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: dracula1 on 13 June, 2012, 09:00:28 PM
New bike pic on Dredd Facebook page...check it out.  Some will like it and some will
... :'(

You got a link? I can't see it.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: vzzbux on 13 June, 2012, 08:43:56 PM
I think it was an actual nod to Dredd as a character as they wanted to do a Dredd film ( I may be wrong though)

V

I see, didn't know that.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

dracula1

Two posts back lads for the pic attachment.  Sorry don't know how to link via my mobile.

Bubba Zebill

I'm pretty sure that's the bike that was sighted as THE bike some months ago...even the same shot.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Richmond Clements

Quote from: dracula1 on 13 June, 2012, 09:11:08 PM
Two posts back lads for the pic attachment.  Sorry don't know how to link via my mobile.

Ah sorry - that wasn't showing up for me a moment ago!
Looks like a cool bike to me.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 13 June, 2012, 09:08:01 PM
New bike pic on Dredd Facebook page...check it out.  Some will like it and some will

You got a link? I can't see it.

That's because it's not on the official page. It's on a fan page everybody keeps mistaking for the official one, (though they've at least now changed the cover photo to make it more obvious).

dracula1

It is nice .... In keeping with the tone of the movie.  Colour up in Photoshop or gimp in justice dept. colours perhaps?

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: BOODA on 13 June, 2012, 09:08:06 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 13 June, 2012, 08:43:56 PM
I think it was an actual nod to Dredd as a character as they wanted to do a Dredd film ( I may be wrong though)

V

I see, didn't know that.

Yeah I think it was originally supposed to be a Dredd movie but something went wrong with them securing the rights at the time if I remember rightly. Its Pretty much Judge Dredd in all but name anyway.

This reference for the bike turned up over a year ago. I think it was said that this bike was remodeled and used as the Lawmasters in the movie.

Beeks

That's not the Dredd bike..we were doing comparisons on here months ago and that picture popped up
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

CraveNoir

That bike is a Victory Vision, a concept from 2005 with no relation to the film.
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/12/12/victory-vision-800cc-parallel-twin-automatic-concept/

The film bike was identified on biker forums as a modified Suzuki GSX-R... with fatter wheels, btw.

chuffsteruk

From Twitter

ShockTillYouDropNews ‏@STYDNews
Saw about 30 seconds of Dredd. Looked f'in rad. Stylish and gritty.

Steve Green

From what I recall, and it was a long while ago, it's not that bike but that was used as a reference.

The actual bike was something else according to some bike forum... but the handlebars were shifted back and cowling added at the front.

I think they settled on a Honda GSXR

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showthread.php?t=111918

Steve Green

Sorry, Suzuki as CN posted...

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

dracula1

Old hat info on the Dredd fan page then.  It's info we have been privey to for a long time on our forum but the general movie goer now accessing Facebook Dredd pages won't necessarily know.