Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: George Dread on 19 June, 2012, 01:28:10 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 June, 2012, 01:24:57 PM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 19 June, 2012, 01:03:45 PM
I dreamt it was Thursday. What a disappointment to wake up and find it is only Tuesday.
ahhh!
That just reminded me of last night's dream. I had tickets to see a preview of Dredd and to see Van Halen ON THE SAME DAY! Woke up before seeing either though...

Possibly a good subconscious comparison though.

Stallone in Judge Dredd Van Halen music video.
without the self awareness and humour.

Spaceghost

Last night I dreamed that it was Thursday and instead of putting the trailer online, they'd accidentally put out the first half hour of the film.

Here's what happens - Dredd apparently has a secret identity in the film, Karl Urban appears wearing his civilian clothes (German army helmet, dark blue t shirt over grey long sleeve shirt) and immediately sets about a bald thug. He theatrically punches said thug in slow motion several times before pile-driving his shiny bald head into a brick wall.

He then proceeds to run alongside the wall, destroying it with the bald thugs head. The thug collapses and Karl falls to his knees and delivers and advert, to camera, for a restaurant in Leeds, as a Hov Wagon (Yay! Flying vehicles!) lands behind him to pick up the 'perp'.

Cut to the Grand Hall of Justice! Now in full Judge regalia (but with a MASSIVE golden eagle covering his entire chest), Karl strides down the corridor towards the camera where it becomes apparent that his Judge helmet does not cover his eyes.

At this point, the film people realise their mistake and pull the footage from the internet!!!

Then it was Christmas night and snowing outside and my brother and I went outside for a snowball fight.

So, what do you think of that? True to the source material?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Richmond Clements

*sniff* s'beautiful.

SuperSurfer

Haven't got the hang of the spoiler tags yet, Lee? Tut tut.

TordelBack

Quote from: Lee Bates on 19 June, 2012, 01:59:48 PM
So, what do you think of that? True to the source material?

True to the comics.  The Marshal Law comics.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mudcrab on 19 June, 2012, 12:56:12 PM
The mis-spelling of judgement (I know it's the yank spelling but when we have Judgement Day and Judgement in Gotham...) pales in comparison.

No need to go overboard. It's not a Yank spelling of Judgement. Both spellings are valid and both have different meanings in and out of court.

A judgment, in a legal context, is synonymous with the formal decision made by a court following a lawsuit.

The spelling judgement (with e added) is common in the United Kingdom in a non-legal context.

By that definition Judgment is more apt in the context of Dredd.

darnmarr

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 19 June, 2012, 02:15:12 PM
Quote from: Mudcrab on 19 June, 2012, 12:56:12 PM
The mis-spelling of judgement (I know it's the yank spelling but when we have Judgement Day and Judgement in Gotham...) pales in comparison.

No need to go overboard. It's not a Yank spelling of Judgement. Both spellings are valid and both have different meanings in and out of court.

A judgment, in a legal context, is synonymous with the formal decision made by a court following a lawsuit.

The spelling judgement (with e added) is common in the United Kingdom in a non-legal context.

By that definition Judgment is more apt in the context of Dredd.
Yes, but coming from the people who brought you 'eecutioner' and 'excutioner' one might be forgiven for wondering if they were ever aware of that.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: darnmarr on 19 June, 2012, 02:21:15 PM
Yes, but coming from the people who brought you 'eecutioner' and 'excutioner' one might be forgiven for wondering if they were ever aware of that.

That's why I pointed the 'mistakes' out.

darnmarr

So you get me point.

JOE SOAP

Yep, though there's no need to criticise for mistakes not made. We're not out to crucify.

TordelBack

We aren't?  Then what am I going to do with the hundredweight of B&Q's finest 6 inch nails that I bought specially for Trailer Thursday?

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 June, 2012, 02:42:09 PM
We aren't?  Then what am I going to do with the hundredweight of B&Q's finest 6 inch nails that I bought specially for Trailer Thursday?

Buy a Hilti Nail-gun?
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

darnmarr

I honestly expect a less-than-impressive trailer, and this is why: marketing that's practically 'stealth'? , Zero hype? No pretty visuals? an excellent script that makes total sense... Ireckon what we're dealing with here is the 'anti-Prometheus' people.

TordelBack

Quote from: darnmarr on 19 June, 2012, 02:48:53 PM
I reckon what we're dealing with here is the 'anti-Prometheus' people.

Zeus...?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 June, 2012, 02:42:09 PM

Get rid of them before the guilt sets in.