Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuffsteruk

Saw this comment posted at Screen Rant

"I have seen a sneak preview of this film and rest assured it is INCREDIBLE. The violence is grisly and absurd, the 'slo-mo' effects are not overused but ARE gorgeous and truly astonishing to see in native 3D (not post-converted). Urban's DREDD is likeable but stoic, and the action set pieces do not disappoint. Forget about trying to figure out how much this movie has in common with Stallone's film (answer: nothing... like comparing Adam West's Batman to Nolan's), or trying to decipher the script's quality from this brief trailer. Just go see it and grin the entire time."

SmallBlueThing

Mr commando forces, you are a brilliant, mad, bastard and i applaud you. First laugh ive had today- which if you knew the pain i was in, would not surprise you. Still coming on saturday though, so dont worry. Even if it does prove to be broken.

SBT

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 June, 2012, 09:10:08 PM
Just had a brilliant laugh. Two Mormons came to the door and I had an interesting chat with them for over 10 minutes about God and the world. At the end, to their amazement I invited them in but to watch the trailer  :lol:

Spread the word folks, God is now on our side  ;)

They though they understood the concept of 'faith'. Beyond obsession, there is madness, and beyond madness there is only Burdis.

JOE SOAP

"By the way, have you seen my cellar?"

MR. ELIMINATOR

MR. ELIMINATOR

I did expect comparisons of the raid, but I don't see why people are using it as a negative thing. Shouldn't they be glad that there is two awesome movies with a similar plot coming out in the same year instead of just one? I am.

(would make a good movie night along with die hard)

Beeks

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 June, 2012, 11:39:51 PM
"By the way, have you seen my cellar?"

Bring Out The Gimp!  :lol:
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

blackmocco

If this many people had really seen The Raid it would have made a billion dollars at the box office. It was in, like, four theaters here in L.A. Fucking internet. Everyone's a fucking expert.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: blackmocco on 22 June, 2012, 12:44:31 AM
If this many people had really seen The Raid it would have made a billion dollars at the box office. It was in, like, four theaters here in L.A. Fucking internet. Everyone's a fucking expert.

F**k 'em. There trolling it and if they dont see the film its a big loss on their part.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

MR. ELIMINATOR

I imagine a lot of people just downloaded it though, a good copy got leaked pretty early.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 22 June, 2012, 01:05:00 AM

I imagine a lot of people just downloaded it though, a good copy got leaked pretty early.

How the hell does that happen ?
Never rub another mans rhubarb

darnmarr

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 22 June, 2012, 12:51:35 AM

I honestly think the concept of this film as "The Raid, in English, with that crap character Stallone played once..." (insulting as it is to the actual truth) may prove a winner in the long run: it's just about intriguing enough to get an initial audience in the door— an audience with big mouths and low expectations, and therefore ripe for the 'blowing away' and the subsequently falling over each other to be posturing on the web as the first to have ' discovered' it.

Honestly, it could turn out to be the best thing.

Provided the film rocks, of course.

F**k 'em. There trolling it and if they dont see the film its a big loss on their part.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 22 June, 2012, 01:05:51 AM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 22 June, 2012, 01:05:00 AM

How the hell does that happen ?

I don't know exactly, but someone probably gets paid off somewhere down the line.

darnmarr

EDIT FUNCTION BLAH GRUMBLE

I honestly think the concept of this film as "The Raid, in English, with that crap character Stallone played once..." (insulting as it is to the actual truth) may prove a winner in the long run: it's just about intriguing enough to get an initial audience in the door— an audience with big mouths and low expectations, and therefore ripe for the 'blowing away' and the subsequently falling over each other to be posturing on the web as the first to have ' discovered' it.
Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 22 June, 2012, 12:51:35 AM
Honestly, it could turn out to be the best thing.

Provided the film rocks, of course.

Syne

I'd bet money that a lot of the people making The Raid comparisons haven't actually seen The Raid: they've seen a trailer, maybe, or read a plot synopsis, or just seen someone else making the same comparison. Hater's gotta hate, but they need ammunition sometimes.

I hope you're right about it proving to be an advantage. This is the first time I've ever followed a trailer's release so closely, so I have no idea how such negativity translates into box office returns.