Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterZolomon

Quote from: karlurbaninternational on 12 July, 2012, 06:52:49 PM
http://www.ew.com/ew/ will livestream an interview with the DREDD crew. *in around 3 hours*

And Doctor Who an hour later! Thanks for the link!

Fisticuffs

I can't find anything on that link, where should I be looking?

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: CraveNoir on 12 July, 2012, 07:22:17 PM
first part of the LFCC panel from Saturday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_kfxZXcXH0

I pop up 3 times in that clip on the right of the right hand screen  :D

chuffsteruk

I note that of the reviews on AICN, there is now an amusing lack of negative comments, whereas last week, you couldn't move for trolls!BEAUTIFUL"

HunterZolomon

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 12 July, 2012, 07:47:12 PM
I note that of the reviews on AICN, there is now an amusing lack of negative comments, whereas last week, you couldn't move for trolls!BEAUTIFUL"

Haha! Yeah I noticed that earlier too, beautiful indeed! :D

The curse of the "IAHM! TEHLAH!" might actually be lifted.

CraveNoir

LFCC Dredd Panel video from last Saturday, part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGCOILDMdMs

CraveNoir

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 12 July, 2012, 07:39:00 PM
I can't find anything on that link, where should I be looking?

To the top right of the live video window there's a button "see schedule instead". Dredd: Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby, Lena Headey on at 3:45pm which'd be 23:45 UK time tonight.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 12 July, 2012, 07:47:12 PM

Amazing eh ? ;)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

JOE SOAP

Quote from: CraveNoir on 12 July, 2012, 07:55:00 PM
LFCC Dredd Panel video from last Saturday, part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGCOILDMdMs

I've been wondering since I first saw some panel clips, is that the Dredd soundtrack playing in the background as the host introduces the speakers?

Steve Green

Don't think so - the music in the clip was much more Carpentery/Electronica.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20399642,00.html

That page may help with the DREDD panel (Urban Thirlby et all - 23:45 GMT) thanks to KarlUrbanInternational for the heads up.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

blackmocco

Hard to know what to say. Just got back from San Diego a few minutes ago and I'm fucking dog-tired. The reviews pretty much nail it so I won't repeat much of what they say.

It's really everything you could possibly want from a Dredd adaptation. If you've read the script that leaked, the bare bones of it are there but they've done quite a bit of embellishing since, and it's all for the good.

It's just a fantastic movie. It really, really is. Absolutely relentless and wrenching. The violence has weight and consequences to it, not just completely mindless. If you have any misgivings about the vehicles or the uniform, they'll be blasted away (along with your eardrums! Haha!) thirty seconds in. Urban is perfect in every conceivable way. Thirlby is a beauty but she really grounds the movie and you feel for her with some of the decisions and actions she has to make.

The thing that really appealed to me was that they've really created a world that makes sense within the confines of the movie. There's no question whatsoever this is a place that needs the likes of the Judges to try and keep order. Everywhere is just filthy and dangerous and the movie exudes a poisonous atmosphere throughout. A sinking feeling that even though the likes of Dredd[spoiler] (and Hershey, apparently)[/spoiler] are out there doing their duty that there's no way they'll ever stop this. It's too big for them. They're putting band-aids on a severed head.

Better yet, Dredd is realized perfectly onscreen. When people are afraid of him, you know why. He's like the shark in Jaws in this: Precise and exact and a terrifying figure to behold if you're on the wrong side of the law.

It's a thing of beauty. I don't agree with a lot of these reviews in regard to the 3D. I found it completely enhanced the movie, especially with the slo-mo sequences and I usually hate the experience so that's saying something.

If you haven't read the leaked script, I would say stay away from it and just go in cold. You are NOT going to be disappointed.

The line had about 400-500 people waiting since 4pm for a 10pm screening and afterwards I heard about twenty people from that line made it in as opposed to this VIP and his guest who was one of the first in. The atmosphere was pretty good. Not quite as raucous as some of these reviews suggest but I more than made up for those boring cunts on my own. Shook hands with The Urban as he left as well. Told him it was fucking awesome and I'd been waiting a long time for this. He told me he'd made the movie just for me. Great guy. He must be very proud of this.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

JOE SOAP

Nice one.

Ya jammy bastard.

Steve Green

Beeks

Quote from: blackmocco on 12 July, 2012, 08:16:45 PM
Hard to know what to say. Just got back from San Diego a few minutes ago and I'm fucking dog-tired. The reviews pretty much nail it so I won't repeat much of what they say.

It's really everything you could possibly want from a Dredd adaptation. If you've read the script that leaked, the bare bones of it are there but they've done quite a bit of embellishing since, and it's all for the good.

It's just a fantastic movie. It really, really is. Absolutely relentless and wrenching. The violence has weight and consequences to it, not just completely mindless. If you have any misgivings about the vehicles or the uniform, they'll be blasted away (along with your eardrums! Haha!) thirty seconds in. Urban is perfect in every conceivable way. Thirlby is a beauty but she really grounds the movie and you feel for her with some of the decisions and actions she has to make.

The thing that really appealed to me was that they've really created a world that makes sense within the confines of the movie. There's no question whatsoever this is a place that needs the likes of the Judges to try and keep order. Everywhere is just filthy and dangerous and the movie exudes a poisonous atmosphere throughout. A sinking feeling that even though the likes of Dredd[spoiler] (and Hershey, apparently)[/spoiler] are out there doing their duty that there's no way they'll ever stop this. It's too big for them. They're putting band-aids on a severed head.

Better yet, Dredd is realized perfectly onscreen. When people are afraid of him, you know why. He's like the shark in Jaws in this: Precise and exact and a terrifying figure to behold if you're on the wrong side of the law.

It's a thing of beauty. I don't agree with a lot of these reviews in regard to the 3D. I found it completely enhanced the movie, especially with the slo-mo sequences and I usually hate the experience so that's saying something.

If you haven't read the leaked script, I would say stay away from it and just go in cold. You are NOT going to be disappointed.

The line had about 400-500 people waiting since 4pm for a 10pm screening and afterwards I heard about twenty people from that line made it in as opposed to this VIP and his guest who was one of the first in. The atmosphere was pretty good. Not quite as raucous as some of these reviews suggest but I more than made up for those boring cunts on my own. Shook hands with The Urban as he left as well. Told him it was fucking awesome and I'd been waiting a long time for this. He told me he'd made the movie just for me. Great guy. He must be very proud of this.

Been waiting for your review mate..good to get an opinion of a true fan

Buzzin
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens