Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 03 September, 2012, 12:49:58 PM
The bit where he says "Make a difference, to block like this?" sounds a bit off and very adr'd - I don't remember it sounding like that in the film - perhaps it's been redone since?

They all seem to be from the same EPK stuff which were probably produced some time ago.

dracula1

Nice clip from digital spy  :o As mentioned we hear Dredd just conversing with no vocal slant. Sounds perfect! Sounds like this is the start, age wise and story wise.  :D

Spaceghost

You know, I've been thinking about it and I'd really like to try some Slo-Mo. It looks fucking mint.

Does anyone know where I can score some (other than Peach Trees. I heard there was a drug bust there)?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Spikes

A quick question for those that have already seen Dredd - and apologies if this has been discussed on here or elsewhere, but im trying to avoid certain threads relating to the film until i get to see it myself this coming weekend.

But how was the 3D? Now, im not a huge fan of it, but i reckon itll go well with this film, in particular the slo-mo bits.
So, whats the general consensus, like?

Thanks

COMMANDO FORCES

3D does nothing for me, unless things fly out of the screen like at the US theme parks.

Saying that I enjoyed the depth on the screen which worked well as characters moved through scenes. The Slo-mo bits I really need to see again (the whole film really), as they looked stunning and without giving anything away I LOVED the last bit of Slo-mo on screen. It was STUNNING!

The Sherman Kid

The 3D really ADDED to the film and seemed even at the time of watching it , necessary for certain scenes to really work.

Goaty

with 3D, Cursed Earth and Mega City 1 at opening scene looks so beautiful.

blackmocco

Yeah, I'm a total cynic when it comes to the 3D but they use it very creatively in Dredd. I would say see it at least once with the goggles on. It's well worth it.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

COMMANDO FORCES

Unlike when other films are just made for a few key scenes of horror so that shit can fly out at me in the audience (which as I said earlier, I like), this is used differently.

The claustrophobic feel when they are moving round the halls and rooms and you are right with them, is well shown on screen with the 3D effect.

Also when you look across the block's atrium in certain scenes, you can actually feel that massive drop between you and the other side!

radiator

QuoteBut how was the 3D?

It seemed quite considered to me - for one thing I didn't get all the ghosting/double vision I normally do from a 3d movie when the camera or subject moves too fast.

The slo mo bits - as expected - look great.

Easily one of the better uses of 3d I've seen in a film. I'd recommend seeing it in 3d.

Steve Green

Without spoilering, my eyes got used to it towards the middle but there are a couple of sequences outside of the slomo ones which work particularly well.

I'd say it's been done with more thoughtfully than some other 3D films.

Goaty

Nice, Empire send out this;

Fisticuffs

Awesome, Mr Urban does seem like a fantastic sport. :)

CraveNoir

Cineworld are taking bookings for DREDD 3D
http://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/5473
and 2D
http://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/5475

Not all cinemas are listed yet... at least my local isn't.

Beeks

Quote from: CraveNoir on 03 September, 2012, 06:14:12 PM
Cineworld are taking bookings for DREDD 3D
http://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/5473
and 2D
http://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/5475

Not all cinemas are listed yet... at least my local isn't.

Nice one!

Just booked for my local near Leigh 9pm!

Can't wait!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens