Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 08 September, 2012, 09:20:36 PM
Type 'Danny Dyer Nick Love Outlaw Commentary' into YouTube if you want a laugh.

They have to be taking the piss. Best laugh of the day.

watto911

Went to the 4.50 showing in Naas Odeon. Loved it. Worryingly though, Myself and the missus were the only people in the cinema. Also a distinct lack of promo stuff in the foyer, not a poster in sight. Hope it was just the good weather keeping people away. That, and the 18 cert prob wouldn't help a daytime showing.
I'm drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows, they've learned to swim

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Beeks on 08 September, 2012, 09:25:06 PM
Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 08 September, 2012, 09:13:36 PM
That IMDB rating keeps going up and up.

If the Sweeney opens up stronger than Dredd next week not only do I despair for the human race, I think I'll be physically sick.

Nick Love is incapable of making a good movie, case in point Outlaw. There is so much reprehensibly wrong with that film it hurts my fingers to type about it.

I hate to say..but the Sweeney will smash it in the UK..Ray Winstone and the fact it is The Sweeney will capture the older demographic and Plan B is well known to the kids

It's no THE `The Sweeney `though, is it?That's why I(and my mates) aren't going to bother.

radiator

It's supposed to be fucking awful.

dweezil2

The Sweeney looks shit and Plan 9 From Outer Space (or what ever his stupid name is) says Wobbery!

Which frankly, is enough to put me off!

I think I'll see Dredd again instead!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Stan

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 08 September, 2012, 09:13:36 PM
That IMDB rating keeps going up and up.

I was wondering about that since I'm pretty sure it's higher than it was this morning. Not that I put much stock in IMDb but I won't complain either.

hippynumber1

Quote from: watto911 on 08 September, 2012, 09:32:45 PM
Went to the 4.50 showing in Naas Odeon. Loved it. Worryingly though, Myself and the missus were the only people in the cinema. Also a distinct lack of promo stuff in the foyer, not a poster in sight. Hope it was just the good weather keeping people away. That, and the 18 cert prob wouldn't help a daytime showing.

I went to the Showcase in Brum for the 11.50 showing and it was surprisingly (and promisingly) busy!

Spikes

Worryingly though, Myself and the missus were the only people in the cinema. Also a distinct lack of promo stuff in the foyer, not a poster in sight. Hope it was just the good weather keeping people away. That, and the 18 cert prob wouldn't help a daytime showing.

And not much in the way of promo stuff at my local yesterday. The outside poster for Dredd is placed on the right hand side of the cinema, which youll never really pass, because to enter and exit the place, youll be inclined to be more on the left hand side. Clearly not Dredd fans! Though, both 2D and 3D versions are showing.

radiator

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 08 September, 2012, 09:56:58 PM

I went to the Showcase in Brum for the 11.50 showing and it was surprisingly (and promisingly) busy!

Good to hear! Each report of low attendance is like a little dagger in my heart.

Please please PLEASE don't flop....

dweezil2

Quote from: Judge Jack on 08 September, 2012, 09:57:23 PM
Worryingly though, Myself and the missus were the only people in the cinema. Also a distinct lack of promo stuff in the foyer, not a poster in sight. Hope it was just the good weather keeping people away. That, and the 18 cert prob wouldn't help a daytime showing.

And not much in the way of promo stuff at my local yesterday. The outside poster for Dredd is placed on the right hand side of the cinema, which youll never really pass, because to enter and exit the place, youll be inclined to be more on the left hand side. Clearly not Dredd fans! Though, both 2D and 3D versions are showing.

Yeah same here!
Don't know if this is country wide  or just at my local but certainly Cineworld have been pretty crap promoting the film!
Likewise the poster has been placed on the right hand side, which I presume gets more traffic, while crap like the latest Adam Sandler movie gets the busier left side!
Also they're using the teaser poster and not the later poster to promote it! Pretty shoddy treatment, if you ask me!
Still not a bad audience turn out today for my third trip, on a blistering hot day, in the early afternoon.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

vzzbux

My viewing is tomorrow. I cant believe my 16 year old daughter has already seen it. I am so glad some of my madness has rubbed off onto her.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Beeks

Quote from: radiator on 08 September, 2012, 10:07:41 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 08 September, 2012, 09:56:58 PM

Good to hear! Each report of low attendance is like a little dagger in my heart.

Please please PLEASE don't flop....

Don't know whether you missed it but my showing last night was very busy!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

NSFTM

my mate went to see it last night he said it was pretty packed at the Metrocentre.. i went again this afternoon and there was about 60-70 people in the screen. the cinema as a whole seemed quiet this might be because it was sunny in Newcastle for the first time since 1986..

It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

Stan

I think there may have been 45ish at my screening? Though I'm crap at estimating stuff and things. It could've been higher.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Was pretty quite at both of mine, got another one on Tuesday, so maybe it will pick up by then. Universally positive reviews, plus word of mouth has got to do something, right? I just hope it's not too late as my cinema will most likely only screen it for a week, though maybe put it down into screen 2 for another.

Pretty sure everyone who saw it loved it though. It's just fucking solid.

Really hope we find out how well it does asap, need a sequel to look forward to as there is now a massive void in my life.

Also, Rebellion should get working on a video game in time for said sequel.