Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Tom Cruise's latest features him wearing a fitted leather jacket with a nehru collar, goretex inserts, and panels of body armour - including a right shoulder pad bearing the insignia of the organisation to which he belongs. Which seems familiar:

JOE SOAP

Happened to bump into him the other day; he wasn't wearing his JIMP suit.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Finally got around to watching the DVD. I really do enjoy this movie. The director did a great job. In every scene, you know exactly who is where, who's in the line of fire, and who is safe in cover. For all the chaos in some of the scenes, it's never confusing.
You may quote me on that.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

No edit button: The fact that I said I enjoyed that aspect of the movie is a huge indictment of the modern action movie.
You may quote me on that.

shaolin_monkey

You know,nthats a really good point.  Wherever Dredd or Anderson aim, that's where the bullet hits.  How many action films have we seen where the shots fired from the gun don't seem to accurately represent where they're actually going to hit? Commando is a perfect example - Arnie aims horizontally, yet all the bad guys on a roof mysteriously die..

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 April, 2013, 05:48:51 PM
Happened to bump into him the other day; he wasn't wearing his JIMP suit.

JOE SOAP

So Cruise'll be Orlok in the sequel.

Goaty

Yep but Urban looks coolest in it.

Goaty

Def, many brilliant moments in the film.

Even this moment when Anderson is the Anderson as we knew!

Mabs

Wow. She looks like a young Jodie Foster there!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 April, 2013, 10:15:36 PM

So Cruise'll be Orlok in the sequel.
Make it happen!  :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

Is there a Judge Dredd film coming out?

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 April, 2013, 10:28:55 PM
Is there a Judge Dredd film coming out?

Yep it was in 1995!  :lol:

Dandontdare

I can't believe that we've achieved 684 - yes SIX HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FOUR - pages on this thread.

Or that if I hadn't been bypassing it back then to avoid then I could've been immortalised in graffiti in the movie.

Not bitter

Dandontdare

and why does this thread not allow edits? Insert the word "spoilers" at the most appropriate point in the above post.