Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Banners on 09 May, 2013, 10:47:34 AM
This is how I'd like to be watching Dredd next time...
60 inches? Pah! Last time I was in John Lewis they were selling this at just under £100 an inch!
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 09 May, 2013, 03:24:54 PM
60 inches? Pah! Last time I was in John Lewis they were selling this at just under £100 an inch!

The selling point is surely "... play the smash hit Angry Birds...".

Dandontdare

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 May, 2013, 04:10:41 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 09 May, 2013, 03:24:54 PM

The selling point is surely "... play the smash hit Angry Birds...".

pfft don't be silly, next thing you'll be telling me is that people would buy a particular insurance policy simply to get a cheap stuffed toy!  :lol:

Beadle68

Just read on Aussi movie.com that Urban would love to do a Dredd sequel and its all up in the air at moment and not up to him so he will see.Its sounds like its not quite dead yet, theres still a glimmer of hope.   :)

Beadle68

Sorry that interview is on xusie_movie on twitter about Urban wanting to reprise Dredd  :-[

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Beadle68 on 10 May, 2013, 04:36:42 PM
Just read on Aussi movie.com that Urban would love to do a Dredd sequel and its all up in the air at moment and not up to him so he will see.Its sounds like its not quite dead yet, theres still a glimmer of hope.   :)

Is that a straw!I'm grabbing it I tell you, I'm grabbing it!Come on Euromillions you beauty  ;) :D

dracula1

Its getting a lot of attention on various FB sites.

The Sherman Kid

Karl sums it well when he says a lot of people have 'discovered' Dredd on DVD.The marketing for the theatrical release wasn't as impactful as it should have been, but having said that Dredd as a property is now definately more widely known than before and has put some distance over the 95 debacle with many.

With its star publically proclaiming a willingness to return and with comic adaptations a regular stable in the theatres, as well as the mistakes made with the previous release widely recognised and ackowledged its not impossible that some exec somewhere may take another look at Dredd.

To date do we know where we are with the figures -total revenue received for Dredd cinema,dvd, blueray etc?

Never say die, stranger things have happened.

radiator

With the best will in the world, that is pretty much exactly what I would expect him to say if someone asked him about a sequel. He's just being diplomatic.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 11 May, 2013, 01:24:10 PMTo date do we know where we are with the figures -total revenue received for Dredd cinema,dvd, blueray etc?
Last I heard was in February, and it was still a long way from breaking even. Like radiator said, this is Urban being diplomatic. There's is zero chance we're going to see this version of Dredd again on the big screen, unless some total nutcase super-rich Dredd fan funds it. Shiny disc sales would have had to have been astronomical to nudge that needle, rather than merely surprisingly good. (Think of it like Serenity—that sold by the bucketload too, but that movie had no chance of a sequel either.)

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 May, 2013, 04:26:29 PMThere's is zero chance we're going to see this version of Dredd again on the big screen, unless some total nutcase super-rich Dredd fan funds it.
Or a number of modestly payed total nutcase Dredd fans? :P

Steve Green

Give it as much credence as Pete Travis saying he'd hope there would be a sequel.

It's Karl's way of saying 'Dredd is with the Angels now' and just being a nice guy about it.

In reality, not a hope.

Stan

Hooold the LIIIIIIIIINE.

Richmond Clements

Please Grud, let's not do this again...