Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 May, 2013, 09:39:43 AM

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 16 May, 2013, 06:38:49 AM
there needs to be so e serious reality checks here.

It's a terrible thing when people talk about Judge Dredd in the mainstream media, again.

No, but people trotting out the same rubbish about SEQUEL! on here yet again no matter what the reality of the situation an no matter how many times they have it explained to them can be... frustrating.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 16 May, 2013, 10:22:47 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 May, 2013, 09:39:43 AM

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 16 May, 2013, 06:38:49 AM
there needs to be so e serious reality checks here.

It's a terrible thing when people talk about Judge Dredd in the mainstream media, again.
Or you could just ignore it. No one is forcing you to read the hopeful speculations of others.

I remains optimistic based on evidence provided, primarily public interest and the enthusiasm of the production team.

No, but people trotting out the same rubbish about SEQUEL! on here yet again no matter what the reality of the situation an no matter how many times they have it explained to them can be... frustrating.

The Sherman Kid

Karl Urban "Interestingly enough, I did have breakfast with Alex Garland this morning.  It's not off the agenda.  Clearly everyone has woken up to the fact that an audience has found this movie and loves it.  It's entirely possible, and if people want to see another installment then they should be vocal about that, because, it can happen.  The power of fandom can resurrect projects."

A call to arms if ever I heard one  :)We all know its a longshot, but so what?A good campaign for a Dredd sequel would still be good for Dredd as a property whether it succeeds or not.Besides could be fun if we come up with some novel ideas to promote a Dredd 2 film.

Letters to DNA I presume and IMGlobal?(Santa Claus is naturally copied in, just to cover all the bases  ;) :D)

Richmond Clements

QuoteOr you could just ignore it. No one is forcing you to read the hopeful speculations of others.

Well, apart from me being a moderator and reading the post kind of being part of the job, you're correct.

And the sarcasm is free. You're welcome.

JOE SOAP

As an extension and promotion of the film we have, it's people asking/talking about a sequel, no matter the odds, that convinced Rebellion to run a new strip in the Megazine, and everytime there's a surge in outside chatter, sales of the film spike a little. It's a feedback loop that depends on perception as much as reality. There's nothing wrong with a bit of indulgence now and again.

Molch-R

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 May, 2013, 11:26:45 AM
As an extension and promotion of the film we have, it's people asking/talking about a sequel, no matter the odds, that convinced Rebellion to run a new strip in the Megazine.

Not true, we've been looking to do one since before the film was out. Just took time, is all.

The Sherman Kid

As an extension and promotion of the film we have, it's people asking/talking about a sequel, no matter the odds, that convinced Rebellion to run a new strip in the Megazine, and everytime there's a surge in outside chatter, sales of the film spike a little. It's a feedback loop that depends on perception as much as reality. There's nothing wrong with a bit of indulgence now and again.

Exactly right  :thumbsup:

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Molch-R on 16 May, 2013, 11:30:02 AM
As an extension and promotion of the film we have, it's people asking/talking about a sequel, no matter the odds, that convinced Rebellion to run a new strip in the Megazine.

Not true, we've been looking to do one since before the film was out. Just took time, is all.

Fair enough but the sequel interest helps.

radiator

QuoteThere's nothing wrong with a bit of indulgence now and again.

Agree.

I can sympathise with people getting annoyed when every Tom Dick and Harry spams the board with individual threads saying the same thing, but I don't really see the benefit of scoffing at a little glimmer of optimism on the dedicated movie thread.

I don't believe a sequel will happen, but I'm certainly interested in whatever Urban has to say on the matter.

The Sherman Kid

Anything that gets people talking about Dredd in a positive way is helpful, as Joe Soap says, regardless of the odds.

Steve Green

Well, yes and no - it could just become a case of crying wolf to the point where people get tired of hearing about it.

Goaty

Quote from: Steve Green on 16 May, 2013, 02:48:43 PM
Well, yes and no - it could just become a case of crying wolf to the point where people get tired of hearing about it.

When Total Film post that Urban Dredd feature on Facebook this morning, about 60 comments on "Yes!" to "Awesome film!" "Bring on the Sequel"

Steve Green

I mean beyond the fan base, which is what it needs to crack.

It's one thing for Alex or Karl to say they'd be up for it, it's a whole different kettle of fish for financiers to pony up the money to make it.

Let's not forget there was a lot of positivity after the preview screening at SDCC, but that didn't materialise into box-office.

Even accounting for home video sales, it's an enormous risk to fund a theatrical sequel.

JOE SOAP

A few hours after that article came out Dredd's position in the blu-ray chart on amazon.com US jumped from around 90 (where it has resided fo a few weeks now) to 56, next to TDKR. It does have an affect no matter how small.

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 May, 2013, 05:12:56 PMA few hours after that article came out Dredd's position in the blu-ray chart on amazon.com US jumped from around 90 (where it has resided fo a few weeks now) to 56, next to TDKR. It does have an affect no matter how small.

Karl really smart guy! :)