Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 27 June, 2013, 12:24:58 PM

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 27 June, 2013, 12:15:25 PM
Can someone push a script under Chris Nolan's nose...?

I don't think Nolan has much interest in comic characters plus they couldn't afford him.

Not to offer him the gig, just to show him what he's missing  :P

JOE SOAP

Just send him a prog.

radiator

Isn't Nolan an old-school 2000ad fan? ISTR him referencing it in an interview.

Woolly

Quote from: radiator on 27 June, 2013, 11:52:35 AM
Be very interesting to see how Kick-Ass 2 fares at the box office - providing it doesn't turn out to be a complete stinker of course.

Well, considering the truly awful source material, stinker is probably the best we can hope for!

As for a Dredd sequel - i reckon a similar budgeted production to the first film (but shot in 2D) wouldn't be that much of a gamble at all (and not having to spend money on the 3D effects would effectively raise the budget, no?).
As Radiator said, Dredd 3D found much of its audience after the cinema run, could mean a potentially larger box office taking second time round.

Also, considering the community buzz and media interest surrounding the original production, a surprise sequel could generate tons of free publicity.

JOE SOAP

I think if there ever is to be any feature continuation they're aiming for a higher budget.

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

The most charitable technical term is 'fluffer'.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 June, 2013, 11:10:06 PM

Oh to be the fluffed.

The Sherman Kid

Harsh in the extreme. Seems a genuine fan to me and his site is doing a lotof good in terms of promoting Dredd regardless of the prospects of success or failure.

If only a few more people become aware of Dredd and come to appreciate it, as we do, then this campaign will be a success, regardless of the final outcome.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 27 June, 2013, 11:38:25 PM

Harsh in the extreme.

I was referring to Mr. Soap!  Getting us all excited before passing us on to someone else with no guarantees...

The Sherman Kid

Oops , humble apologies Tordel

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 June, 2013, 11:44:03 PM
I was referring to Mr. Soap!  Getting us all excited before passing us on to someone else with no guarantees...

I'm a firm believer in saving-up.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 27 June, 2013, 10:45:16 PM

DREDD's Last Hope
FRANK: Before seeing DREDD in theaters, I hadn't read the comics and was really only familiar with the Stallone film (a problem that prevented most people from seeing the movie I think). I don't really think the theatrical trailer really captured what the movie is all about either.

Nail -on- head

Dredd 2 would have a far far better starting point.... :)

IndigoPrime

The Japanese trailer does better (although it's still flabby). The international one needed more action, less plot/noodling and a bit more Anderson to show off the film's gender balance. (It was quite galling to read all the reviews about Iron Man 3 apparently 'pioneering' gender equality in comic-book movies, given how well Dredd performed in that area.)

Stan

I'm not really sure how Iron Man 3 pioneered gender equality. I must've missed that.