Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Goaty

AHHH!! Oh of course!

Thanks John.

Goaty

Will watch Dredd again tonight! Still awesome film!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sheldipez on 12 August, 2013, 11:54:26 AM
If Dredd has made $75 million in dvd/blu ray sales alone then a sequel would of been greenlit by now.

Not necessarily. It took 2 years to greenlight Kick-Ass 2 and that made $100 million at the box-office.

COMMANDO FORCES

I think they would have to make sure that the schedules were clear of all the people that they would need, before an announcement could take place.
Everyone would have projects lined up or did they keep some space clear just in case (I added that last bit to push Goaty over the edge)

Steve Green

What do you mean 'over'?

Recrewt

Without sounding pessimistic, I thought Dredd cost in the region of $115 million including publicity and advertising worldwide.  I thought the box office raked in about $35 million so with this updated view of DVD/Blu-Ray sales of $75 million, this still only totals $110 million?

I would love there to be a sequel but unless I have somehow got the figures wrong (very possible, I admit) then this hardly makes the sequel a done deal? 

JOE SOAP

QuoteEveryone would have projects lined up or did they keep some space clear just in case

Not for a while yet.

Alex Garland's Ex Machina begins shoot

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Recrewt on 12 August, 2013, 06:08:18 PM
Without sounding pessimistic, I thought Dredd cost in the region of $115 million including publicity and advertising worldwide.  I thought the box office raked in about $35 million so with this updated view of DVD/Blu-Ray sales of $75 million, this still only totals $110 million?

I would love there to be a sequel but unless I have somehow got the figures wrong (very possible, I admit) then this hardly makes the sequel a done deal?

Box-office total is $41 million. Total budget including advertising is estimated at $72 milion accoridng to box-office.com

Recrewt

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 August, 2013, 06:12:38 PM
Quote from: Recrewt on 12 August, 2013, 06:08:18 PM

Box-office total is $41 million. Total budget including advertising is estimated at $72 milion accoridng to box-office.com

Ahhh there you go then.  So with these new DVD/Blu-Ray sales figures they are looking at a box office $41 million plus DVD/Blu-Ray Sales $75 million = $116 million.  So, against the budget of $72 million this leaves $44 million.  Of course, that's assuming they get all the money from the DVD sales - presumably this is before costs?

So in the end, I'm more confused now than when I started trying to work this out! 

JOE SOAP

I don't know where Starburst got $75 million from but I'd say between the US & UK Dredd has made $35-$40 million in sales. After that, the biggest market is Spain. TV rights/rentals and Electronic Sell Through would add to that.

Pete Wells

Bah, in the last week it's been announced that 'Now you see me' is getting a sequel the Paranormal series is getting TWO. It's not fair  :'(

Bat King

When it is too late the world will realise...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Beadle68

Have faith everyone think we will get an announcement before year is out. All the signs are more positive than they were at the start of the year and look at all the campains and petitions that have been started just out of love for the film. As Joe stated those other films took time to green light and they did better than Dredd at box office. Everyone I know who has seen Dredd now wants a sequel and has signed the petition, so fingers crossed a bit of people power might work. :)

The Sherman Kid

If those figures are close its looking more and more positive. Anyone know what Serenity did on Blue Ray/DVD by comparison?