Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Obviously he's a spectacular bullshit artist, so take this with a Herculean-sized grain of salt, but according to Mark Millar, Kick-Ass made $140m+ on home video sales alone, so make of that what you will.

Something Fishy

It is good to know it made money in the end.

It deserved to.

I will be campaigning for a day 1 2d version of any sequel.  :)

Steve Green

Not sure if this has been mentioned here.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/how-dredd-producer-adi-shankars-bootleg-marvel-movies-are-building-brand-fanboys-are-flockin

A little more on the Adi Shankar short.

The third entry in what Shankar has dubbed his "bootleg universe" will be a short film revolving around Judge Dredd. But don't expect it to pretend to be any sort of sequel. Much like "Truth in Journalism" had a very distinctive style seperating it from "Dirty Laundry," Shankar teased a big surprise in store for fans of "Dredd" when the short debuts online some time next year.

"There is straight up no plan. I'm doing these in between projects," Shankar said. "I would love to just literally make these and only these at this point, because they're so much fun, but then rent won't get paid."

radiator

QuoteObviously he's a spectacular bullshit artist, so take this with a Herculean-sized grain of salt, but according to Mark Millar, Kick-Ass made $140m+ on home video sales alone, so make of that what you will.

Should say, in the same interview he claimed that the first Kick-Ass was made for 'peanuts' ($35m is most definitely not 'peanuts' for an independent film), and that a sequel was guaranteed on the opening weekend (the original was widely regarded as a flop when it opened so this seems somewhat unlikely).

So yeah, grain of salt.

COMMANDO FORCES

That's interesting, reference Adi Shankar :D

Proudhuff

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 August, 2013, 06:12:38 PM
Quote from: Recrewt on 12 August, 2013, 06:08:18 PM
Without sounding pessimistic, I thought Dredd cost in the region of $115 million including publicity and advertising worldwide.  I thought the box office raked in about $35 million so with this updated view of DVD/Blu-Ray sales of $75 million, this still only totals $110 million?

I would love there to be a sequel but unless I have somehow got the figures wrong (very possible, I admit) then this hardly makes the sequel a done deal?

Box-office total is $41 million. Total budget including advertising is estimated at $72 milion accoridng to box-office.com

I just added my fiver at Sainsburys  :D
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 August, 2013, 04:03:51 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned here.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/how-dredd-producer-adi-shankars-bootleg-marvel-movies-are-building-brand-fanboys-are-flockin

A little more on the Adi Shankar short.

The third entry in what Shankar has dubbed his "bootleg universe" will be a short film revolving around Judge Dredd. But don't expect it to pretend to be any sort of sequel. Much like "Truth in Journalism" had a very distinctive style seperating it from "Dirty Laundry," Shankar teased a big surprise in store for fans of "Dredd" when the short debuts online some time next year.

"There is straight up no plan. I'm doing these in between projects," Shankar said. "I would love to just literally make these and only these at this point, because they're so much fun, but then rent won't get paid."

Well, I hope we'll feel very shirty and insulted when he doesn't turn up and show what he's doing regularly...

Bubba Zebill

[/quote]

Well, I hope we'll feel very shirty and insulted when he doesn't turn up and show what he's doing regularly...
[/quote]

:D
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I for one am already preparing choice comments about proportions of helmets and wheels.
You may quote me on that.

Mabs

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 July, 2013, 05:11:27 PM
Blocks you say Goaty. How about these then  ;)

And some perp ::)

Ha ha! That is fucking awesome!  :lol:
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Bat King

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 13 August, 2013, 06:20:03 PM

A little more on the Adi Shankar

I demand to know more yesterday"!"!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Bat King on 13 August, 2013, 09:16:27 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 13 August, 2013, 06:20:03 PM

A little more on the Adi Shankar

I demand to know more yesterday"!"!

That's the spirit!

Stan

You guys suck at the quoting.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Stan on 14 August, 2013, 03:20:05 AM
You guys suck at the quoting.

Yes they bally well do ::)

Richmond Clements