Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Sounds like it, John.

So at moment he is available...? for Dredd short?

COMMANDO FORCES

It's all deathly quiet on the Adi Shankar short, so who knows what is in it but it must be less than a month away now!

Goaty

Let hope it was unexpecting surprise!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: mogzilla on 02 April, 2014, 04:07:34 PM
sooo your not denying a sequel

That's not what he said. And it's not what you said. You said he was denying any knowledge of a sequel, implying that there was knowledge to be had, and that MOLCH-R was denying it.

Given that even 'Our'* Karl hasn't suggested that there is anything more happening than "conversations"** I'm not sure what Sooper Sekrit Inside Info you think Michael has and is withholding.

As far as I can tell, the movie, box office disaster notwithstanding, has been incredibly good for the reputation of Dredd as a piece of IP and for 2000AD as a brand. If you think Michael wouldn't want to see a sequel as good as, or better than, the first movie then you are directly out of your fucking mind.

But, given the frantic straw-clutching that went on after the movie's release, where Garland's off-the-cuff "at least $50M in the States for there to be a chance of a sequel" was variously translated by posters on this forum into "$50M guarantees a sequel", "$50M worldwide guarantees a sequel", "can we have a sequel if we add in worldwide Blu-Ray and DVD sales and it gets to $50M?", and so on, some management of expectations was necessary.

You can be mad at Michael for pissing on your chips, but if you think he didn't want the film to be a massive success, wasn't as disappointed as every single one of you when it didn't kick ass at the box office, and wouldn't have loved to see a trilogy of (effectively) massive cinema adverts for a property he's responsible for promoting, then you're all fucking idiots.

Bah.

Jim

*Really? Seriously?

** Which, let's face it, could be:

Alex Garland: "Damn shame we'll never get to make a Dredd sequel."

Karl Urban: "Yeah."
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

mogzilla

over reacting much?

I was teasing... sorry if that didn't come across in a dredd thread that has dragged on and on yes we want to see a sequel and im sure molch would as any fan would. calling me/us fucking idiots is a tad childish .its an internet fan forum were we can speculate rumour monger etc etc etc you don't agree then don't read it and don't post defamatory comments,just go away and rant on the political thread and leave us nerds be.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Jim_Campbell

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: mogzilla on 02 April, 2014, 04:52:50 PM
over reacting much?

What you have to bear in mind, mogzilla, is that you were away from the forum for a long time - there are 781 pages of this. The repeated calls for sanity, protestations of no definite sequel and squashing of rumours for the past two years has worn the nerves of Jim, Richmond, Molcher and the like paper-thin where this subject is concerned.

On an unrelated subject, the gist of Jim's post above seems to be that a sequel is definately a foregone conclusion. Off to social media I go...!
@jamesfeistdraws

COMMANDO FORCES

Seems like Hitler needs to say something ;)

HITLER WANTS A DREDD SEQUEL

mogzilla

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 April, 2014, 04:59:13 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 02 April, 2014, 04:52:50 PM
over reacting much?

What you have to bear in mind, mogzilla, is that you were away from the forum for a long time - there are 781 pages of this. The repeated calls for sanity, protestations of no definite sequel and squashing of rumours for the past two years has worn the nerves of Jim, Richmond, Molcher and the like paper-thin where this subject is concerned.

On an unrelated subject, the gist of Jim's post above seems to be that a sequel is definately a foregone conclusion. Off to social media I go...!

ok a fair point dark jimbo it was an attempt at humour which failed and I apologise to molcher for any offense which was not intended  and if its causing that much of a headache why not lock the thread?

and Campbell... ::)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Goaty

Good evening and here's the message from Karl Urban to DREDD fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-rE79vRsdU

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 April, 2014, 04:59:13 PM

I've said too much!

Cheers

Jim

shaolin_monkey

Sequel or no, this thread is still mightily entertaining! :D

TordelBack

I hear that if we can get Jim to call just 100,000 people a cunt, they'll make a sequel and a spin-off about Two Tonne Tony Tubbs.  I reckon it's in the bag.

Steve Green

I'm sure we must be halfway there already.

The Bissler

Hmm.  I don't think any of this reflects well on the forum at a time when people may be coming here as a result of their interest in the Dredd campaign.  If reading this page was my first experience of checking out the forum I can safely say I wouldn't be back again.

Karl Urban has been incredibly positive about the prospect of a Dredd sequel and stated that our support helps.  It would be nice to see that kind of positivity here rather than seeing people turning on one another.