Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Rusty

Yeah, Mr Urban is the ultimate troll now, it seems. He's not being positive because he believes it can happen. He's just blowing smoke up our collective arses.

Steve Green

So if he wasn't being positive or just 'managing expectations' that would make you happier?

And he'd likely get stick for that from some quarters as well.

You can't please everyone.

Goaty

How awesome is that?

2000AD post it on Facebook;

For his fantastic performance in DREDD and all the amazing work he's done since, it was a real privilege for us to present Karl Urban with his Krill Tro Thargo award last weekend - translated it means "Honoured by Tharg" and is given to those Earthlets who have helped advance the cause of Thrill-Power! ALL HAIL THARG!

8-Ball

I'll be honest with you folks, I have started to shy away from posting anything positive about the possibility of a DREDD sequel. Mainly because I just know someone is going to come along and say "Dream on kid. Ain't gonna happen." And you know what? It probably won't. We had our shot and the numbers just weren't there. A noble failure but still a failure. Them's the breaks.

And yet, and yet... I would like to think that this forum is a safe place for people to speculate (harmlessly?) on what could be - if the stars align in our favour once more.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Eightball on 02 April, 2014, 08:59:22 PM
I'll be honest with you folks, I have started to shy away from posting anything positive about the possibility of a DREDD sequel. Mainly because I just know someone is going to come along and say "Dream on kid. Ain't gonna happen." And you know what? It probably won't. We had our shot and the numbers just weren't there. A noble failure but still a failure. Them's the breaks.

And yet, and yet... I would like to think that this forum is a safe place for people to speculate (harmlessly?) on what could be - if the stars align in our favour once more.

Be positive and if no one likes, who cares?...stand your ground, it might not win you a sequel, but it's damned sight more joyful to read than anything else.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Mark Taylor

The budget for Dredd 2 may have to be a bit tighter than the first one. Just to let Karl and the gang know if they're pushed for somewhere to film it they can use my flat for just £1. They'll have to work around my schedule though. And the wife's.

shaolin_monkey

If I ever win £50mil, the first thing I'm going to do is make a sequel. There are plenty of quarries in Wales that'd serve as the Cursed Earth. Lots of Rad Storms and mutants too.

JOE SOAP

A report from the Q&A at the Seattle DREDD screening:

"When asked if he would ever consider doing a Thomas Jane style fan movie, Urban said that he would jump at the chance to get back into the costume, but only with the approval from the comics' and the movie's creators.  This naturally led to a question about a second Dredd movie.

Urban reported that conversations had been going on about a sequel. After the somewhat disappointing theatrical performance, the studio had no plans, but now that it has picked up on disc sales and rentals, they are working with the producers, and trying to make it happen.

As for a timeline, Urban said that it will be the next film on Garland's books, once he has completed work on Ex-Machina (his directorial debut).  He has a trilogy planned in his head, and it is likely that the next film will be set in the Cursed Earth."

TordelBack

As a mopey gothropomorph once said: "What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream?". 

Molch-R

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 April, 2014, 11:23:30 PM
As for a timeline, Urban said that it will be the next film on Garland's books, once he has completed work on Ex-Machina (his directorial debut).[/i]

Um, that's not what he said at all. Oh bloody hell - this has already morphed into 'there's definitely going to be a sequel'.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 April, 2014, 11:47:24 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 April, 2014, 11:23:30 PM
As for a timeline, Urban said that it will be the next film on Garland's books, once he has completed work on Ex-Machina (his directorial debut).[/i]

Um, that's not what he said at all. Oh bloody hell...

That's bleedingcool for ya...

COMMANDO FORCES

Goaty

vzzbux

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 April, 2014, 11:47:24 PM
'there's definitely going to be a sequel'.

nice one Molch.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.