Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Firekind vs. Mean Team Rd 3 Heat 59

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 June, 2022, 06:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

"better than Beyond Zero" is now my favourite quality benchmark.
It's a fair shot at being the most middling thrill of all time! (This may not be how you intended it...)

I, Cosh

Firekind is one of the top 5 Thrills of all time. Mean Team isn't even the best Belardinelli strip with a talking cat.

The Word for World is Forest
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 June, 2022, 06:26:42 AM
I tell you what if this carries on I'm going to scrap all the votes that have gone before, start again and we'll do that until you all get it right!

Democracy in action! ;-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

moly

Blue Cactus

Wow, I loved that first series of Mean Team as a kid. LOVED IT! The carnage, the art... I was young enough that things like [spoiler]Bilk dying[/spoiler] seemed like major events. Bilk! Waited YEEEEEARS to read the second series, knowing only what an older lad had told me, that Steelgrip 'died on the moon' - heartbreaking!

Yeah, it's Firekind all the way.

Colin YNWA

I mean you have been warned, we will do this all, I mean ALL of it again if you don't get this one right and its looking close, without having done a fun count. Get those vote in today.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 June, 2022, 11:30:44 PM
Wow. A couple of draws have surprised me, but to see the (IMO) terrible Mean Team hold up against Firekind (which, I'll concede, is not Smith's best work and shines largely due to great Marshall art and because it ran in the company of some terrible strips in the prog at the time) is genuinely baffling...
Likewise. The strip that killed the Extreme Edition and that rocked up in the UC mostly to groans is set to possibly boot a quality one-shot out of the running. I think on reflection, I liked Survivor more than the main run.

AlexF

You're mixing up 'Team' with 'Arena' there I think - It's Mean Arena wot took up 3 issues of Extreme Editions and 2 volumes of Hachette.

But yes, even as a staunch Mean Team voter I understand that it's a shame for Firekind to get booted off. Not changing my vote though!

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well normal I'd love and applaude a fiesty, interesting debate like the one we had here... but its HERE in a tie that should have been as cut and dry as any we've had. Firekind, done in one classic, Mean Team utterly meandering pap ... and we got to this???!!! You lot, some times. Anyway some of you can count yourselves very luck that it wasn't quite as close as I feared, but still

Firekind

TO BLOODY RIGHT IT'LL BE IN ROUND 4!!!

GoGilesGo