Main Menu

Heroquest UK release.

Started by NapalmKev, 10 October, 2020, 09:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

That's right, the new version of Heroquest is available for pre-order in the UK from Zavvi.

Only the Mythic tier is available. This contains the new version of the base game and two expansion packs, Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord, plus all stretch goals unlocked in the current campaign. Total cost is £149.99 + £1.99 for delivery.

For those who remember the original game there are some different Enemy types due to licensing issues, so no Chaos, Fimir, etc but they do have new equivalents that look quite tasty. All of the furniture pieces are now solid paintable items instead of the old paper style doors and such. On the whole it looks quite nice.

Cheers

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

JamesC

I don't like the new artwork much, but other than that it looks to be of decent quality. I'm happy to stick to my old set though.

Barrington Boots

I'm also not into the new art. Very glad it's going to be available here but its costly - we've got my wifes old copy here which is missing all of the models, so probably give this a miss at £150.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

sintec

I've not played this since a summer holiday sometime in the early 90s when my next door neighbour and I played it at every opportunity we got. Can't resist adding a copy to my game collection for nostalgias sake. I have to concur that I'm not a huge fan of the updated art but I'm unlikely to get a copy of the original print run so that's something I'll have to live with.

Trooper McFad

I had the original complete with all the add ons and 2 jigsaws and sold them as a job lot for £330 on eBay to get some pennies to spend at the 40th bash.

It was just sitting up the loft which is what would happen to the update if I dived into this 🙁 though the nostalgia bug is knocking at the door... must resist... must resist... must resist
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

CalHab

That seems a bit too expensive for nostalgia. Wouldn't Gloomhaven or something be cheaper and have more modern game mechanics?

sintec

Quote from: CalHab on 13 October, 2020, 08:49:07 AM
That seems a bit too expensive for nostalgia. Wouldn't Gloomhaven or something be cheaper and have more modern game mechanics?

Yeah Gloomhaven is cheaper and is a modern take on the dungeon crawler. It's also already on my shelf as I grabbed a copy back at the start of the 1st lockdown as I thought there might be some gaming time in my future.

I'd be the first to admit that this isn't the most rational purchase I've ever made but then nostalgia isn't the most rational of things.