Main Menu

New Comic Book Day Megathread

Started by The Adventurer, 08 March, 2012, 09:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Nowt for me this week. I didn't buy the last issue of Unwritten and I didn't really miss it. Maybe ill check out the trade if it gets that far. I've deliberately not bought Grant Morrison's new series either which would once have been unthinkable. It's looking. Like I'm giving up on monthly issues. Tradewaiting scum.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 21 November, 2012, 06:40:40 PM
...It's looking. Like I'm giving up on monthly issues. Tradewaiting scum.

YOU'RE THE DEATH OF COMICS... THE DEATH I TELLS YA!

PreacherCain

Bought IDW's Judge Dredd #1, Great Pacific #1 and Comeback #1. The latter two from Image, I bought Comeback because, essentially, the art looked nice. I have no idea what it's about!

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 November, 2012, 12:56:21 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 20 November, 2012, 09:43:50 PM

I'm under no illusions that the change will last, but if they even had the stones to go for it for a full year I'd be very impressed.

Comics, eh?

Well actually seems you are right, shows what I know. The general consensus seems to be that this will stick around for a while at least. Its stated almost as fact, so seems to be the case (though who knows). Just struck me as odd that such a significant change would happen in 698 rather than 700. Though to be honest I've not read Spidey in years and years and so have no idea of the context that surrounds this and how people think 700 might end?

Far as I've read, ish 700 leads straight into 'Superior' with Otto Octavius at the helm.
Still not sure if I'll go for it...my Marvel boycot has stopped me picking up any Marvel Now stuff so far.

Worth mentioning that the buzzin issue in question, 698, was drawn by our 'ol pal' Richard Elson.
Great to see him get such a high profile gig- he's a really talented artist.

The Adventurer

NEW COMICS SHIPPING THE WEEK OF 11-28-12

My Print Pulls
2000 AD #1807 - Got this last week. Has a really cool twist concerning all three Dreddworld strips currently running. The current Judge Dredd 'event' is phenomenal. I'm enjoying it a lot more they Day of Chaos actually. Which was a lot of sound and fury, and really lacking in soul IMO
MULTIPLE WARHEADS: ALPHABET TO INFINITY #2 - Oh Brandon Graham is there nothing insane and raunchy you can't make completely adorable?
PLANETOID #4 - Running late. And honestly its one of the weaker titles I'm reading right now. If it wasn't a mini I'd probably drop it. And its first issue showed such promise too. But its so formulaic.
PROPHET #31 - This on the otherhand about as far away as 'by-the-numbers' as you can get.

COVER GALLERY

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

I've not been to my LCS for a month for so for one reason or another, so I'm going to have an almighty stash when I get there this weekend (fingers crossed). When I look at the controlled and reasonable amounts of comics you guys seem to get the thought of getting a months worth in one hit makes me shudder!

The Adventurer

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 28 November, 2012, 08:14:25 AM
I've not been to my LCS for a month for so for one reason or another, so I'm going to have an almighty stash when I get there this weekend (fingers crossed). When I look at the controlled and reasonable amounts of comics you guys seem to get the thought of getting a months worth in one hit makes me shudder!

Controlled? Reasonable? LOOOOOOOOOOL

Link Prime

That Prophet cover is gorgeous.
Go Boo!

dullnickname

the greatest day of the month has come, prophet time!!!!!!!!!
made even better with multiple warheads.
also BRPD now in some sort of order, with extra tie ins like 1948.
Bedlam, i really enjoyed the 1st issue and had to read it twice because i missed the little box in the top left hand corner of 1 of the pages that said 10 year later :-[ :lol: it was worth the double take though.

GREAT WEEK :D

Davek

What did you think to Prophet?  Didnt seem to have as much substance as previous issues.  Maybe I'll need to re-read it.... 

Have Fatale, Multiple Warheads (and Punk Rock Jesus from the other week) to read as well.  Honorable mention to Adventure Time #10.  Gorgeous cover and from the quick flick though of my eldest's issue, the contents lived up to the outer.

The Adventurer

Davek, are you giving Bravest Warriors a go? Because I checked it out (digitally) on a lark and found it to be brilliant. Its by the same people who do Adventure Time.

Davek

Quote from: The Adventurer on 29 November, 2012, 11:11:30 PM
Davek, are you giving Bravest Warriors a go? Because I checked it out (digitally) on a lark and found it to be brilliant. Its by the same people who do Adventure Time.

I have picked up the first two issues - my daughter (who loves Adventure Time) didnt get on with it.  She is 9 and she found a lot of the dialogue confusing.  I thought it was OK but I wouldnt keep it on my pull list just for me.  I probably would keep getting Adventure Time if my daughter gets bored of it though  :P

The Adventurer

I probably wouldn't give it to a 9 year old. As its clearly trying to be a bit more raunchy for the older Adventure Time fans.

Link Prime

Any of ye pick up Batman Inc # 5 this week?
One of Morrisons finest...a mini macabre masterpiece.

Davek

Quote from: The Adventurer on 30 November, 2012, 08:16:25 PM
I probably wouldn't give it to a 9 year old. As its clearly trying to be a bit more raunchy for the older Adventure Time fans.

Yeah I should have checked it out a bit more - just presumed it was in the same vein as Adventure Time.  TBH I meant to cancel it after issue 1 but forgot  ::)