Main Menu

Ro-Busters Book 1 - eh?

Started by fastbak77, 03 February, 2005, 07:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastbak77

I won a copy of this on eBay Oz (for all of a dollar!), and received it in the mail yesterday, and while I dug it immensely, there's one slight discrepancy... "Ro-Jaws' Memoirs", which is listed on this here website as being the collection, actually isn't in the book..

Carlsborg Expert.

Nope and I was as surprised as you mate.

The cover gives every implication it has it all.

I dont want to be rude,I ended up just feeling sick.

Devons Daddy

ro jaws memories?

was the ones with Ginger in, if thats correct i would consider that a very sad ommission.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Smiley

Probably got mixed up with the one-off Ro-Jaws The Inside Story from Prog 144 (which IIRC is in Book 1, though not listed here.)

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=reprint&page=gnprofiles&choice=robust1&Comic=" target="_blank">http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=reprint&page=gnprofiles&choice=robust1&Comic=

House of Usher

You mean your eBay seller acted in good faith but the compiler of the album ballsed up?
STRIKE !!!

Byron Virgo

No, whoever put it on the site listing got it wrong. It was never intended to be collected, as the artwork by Mike Dorey was considered below par, whilst Mills was displeased with his script.
It's not that great a strip, to be honest. Certainly not as good as Hammerstein's War Memories, or The Fall an Rise of Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein (collected in Ro-Busters Book 2).

House of Usher

"Mike Dorey's art considered below par". Things like this make me really sad.
STRIKE !!!

Bolt-01

I've just Re-read MACH Zero, from Prog 160 ish. And the art by Mike Dorey is superb. I can see him not working so well on robots, but on the character stuff his work was lovely.

Bolt-01

Wake

House of Usher

I see now. I thought we were talking about a new collection, rather than one of a certain vintage.

It would have been news to me if there was a Robusters collection out there that could boast of completeness. Is such a thing in print?
STRIKE !!!

Byron Virgo

No, there are only the two Titan collections, which collect all the 2000AD Ro-Busters strips, except for Ro-Jaws' Memoirs. No plans for a new collection, unless Alan Barnes or someone knows something I dont?

And that listing is now perfect Wake.