Main Menu

WOW TV Spot Trailer

Started by LARF, 10 February, 2005, 04:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

The first WOW with the Cruisemeister in it, they're keeping the Martians close to their chests, i.e. by not showing them (prob. because the CGi is not done yet?).

Another boring Teaser.

LARF

Check out the official site link, esp. the gallery. I don't know if it's me or not, but I'm wondering whether Spielberg will create a film that will try to run a parallel between the US being invaded by Martians and Iraq invaded by the US?

It's just some of the photos have that documentary feel to them, the buildings look like the worn torn sandstone structures you see on the news.

It could be that the film is Spielberg and Cruises Scientological preparation for the people of the world to accept invasion from aliens is coming? :-)

Link: http://www.waroftheworlds.com/" target="_blank">WOW site

GordonR

I don't think Spielberg's a Bush fan - he was a big Clinton/Gore/Kerry supporter in the last few presidential elections - so I can't see him producing a piece of quasi-Bush propaganda.

LARF

I wasn't actually thinking of it being Quasi-Bush, quite the opposite with the US being the Iraqi's and the Martian being the Marines - i.e. imagine it was you type scenario?

But is that what you mean Gordon? Sorry don't understand the term quasi, pencil monkey and all that.

Carlsborg Expert.

I hope youre all familiar with jeff Waynes WotW, richard Burton, Pnil Lynott etc.

Its the chrysalises at the beginning. The thing at the bottom of the garden.

Its still giving me the heebie jeebies.

I do hope they pull out the red weed. Now that was creepy.

IndigoPrime

Quite frankly, I'm not in the slightest bit interested in this film. Spielberg has totally ignored the original, changing the location, timeline (which, frankly, is one of the most interesting things?who wouldn't want to see "Sharpe vs steampunk aliens"?), added a stupid kid, and cast Tom bloody Cruise as the "hero".

Pendragon's film looks like total crap?the trailer was simply laughable. Luckily, Jeff Wayne's version looks promising, and the test footage is very fine indeed?check out the fighting machine at http://waroftheworldsonline.com/ (26 Jan link).

Noisybast

The chrysalis' were from Invasion of the Body Snatchers, not War of the Worlds...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

crazy comic guy

im with you on that.Book was great. The movie will
be good but not like the book. a bit like the italiam Job. They only called it that cause they wanted a mini chase.

therev

No interest in this film at all.
The time its set is wrong, Cruise is wrong, the snecking COUNTRY is wrong!...but I'll still go and see it. Or raither get a hooky DVD of it...

Art

Ah, but the book is set at the heart of an empire which dominates the world, beleiving itself invulnerable until it meets an all conquering menace beyond it's comprehension... ASo moving it to present day America kind of makes sense...  

Quirkafleeg

That trailer has actually perked up my interest...