Blatant self pimping

Started by Matt Timson, 09 March, 2005, 04:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krustabi

The Amstor Computer

What's this pish all about, then?

;-)

Carlsborg Expert.

You gonna do us some environments, Johnny?

Matt Timson

Curses!  My achilles heel!

It's something I definately need to work on, so maybe...
Pffft...

Art

I thought your acheilles heel was fields, hedges and fences? Or was it trees? No, trees was Wils...

Matt Timson

No, you're thinking of backgrounds in general.  Fields, trees and hedges are just deadly dull to draw...

;)
Pffft...

Wils

No, trees was Wils...

Oi! I drew trees!

Quirkafleeg

Oh, is that what they are...

shane05

It's a bout time you got a site, or at least that it came to my knowledge. I really liked the work I've seen and wanted to check out more. What do you use for the thick black lines, is it a pen or digital?

Matt Timson

Cheers- everything's digital from start to finish.  I've been fully digital for about four years now.
Pffft...

Max Kon

'I've been fully digital for about four years now.'

Wha? does that mean you are just a computer programme? And were you partially analogue 5 years ago? ;)

Carlsborg Expert.

hi, Johnny.

Was hoping you could answer some of my curious questions.
 You may not understand what I am trying to ask exactly but thats ok.
As long as you can help me.

How much do you learn after being taught basics?

Is in f more in line with a learning arc?

Are there certain conducts you administer during a creation,as with beginning to create a piece?

Photo research is obviously tantamount in helping busy illustraters.How would you adapt this with your work on enviro/mapwork?

Thanks,these may seem silly questions, and I apologise if Im asking the wrong thread.

I am curious and maybe you could hit a fews snails on the head for my work ethics.

cheers

Jimmy.

Matt Timson

I don't think you ever stop learning- cliche but true.

I haven't really done any enviro/mapwork- so I'll have to let you know.  I imagine it's the same as with anything else though- I'll see shapes and pictures in a lot of things- tree, clouds (no, I'm not some mad hippy- my brain's just wired up that way), even the way that the light shines on the ceiling when it creeps through the curtains in my bedroom window in the morning.

Everything I draw, almost without exception, starts off as a doodle in photoshop.  I doodle away until I like the look of something and then I resize it, flip it, reverse it- whatever- until I like the way it looks.  Then I loosely colour it before taking it into to Painter and then back and forth between Painter and Photoshop, depending on what tools I think I need to use, until I'm happy with it.

I'm sure that there are people out there that can answer you questions much better than I can as, to be honest, I'm not that great at explaining how I arrive at any finished pic.  Just doodle until you doodle something that you want to run with.

:)
Pffft...

Carlsborg Expert.

Sure.

Cheers for the input.

The flipping sounds a real time saver. The ammount of times Ive started a sketch and half way through,gone, "you know that would have looked better left to right,"or vice versa.

( youll know what I mean)

Jimmy.

Matt Timson

The same holds true with "hang on, that hand is too big/this could do with more blue in it/this is too dark/light".

I actually find it difficult to draw on paper now- it takes me ages.
Pffft...