Main Menu

it's a sad day....

Started by jock, 12 May, 2005, 09:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jock

.... for me.

for the last three years or so i've had carlos ezquerra's first ever dredd page on my wall. pp1 from 'bank raid'. i found the whole story at the 2000AD offices when andy was editor and no one realised what the story was! or the significance...

as it turns out, neither did carlos when he said to just send a page of my dredd in return for the original! well now, quite rightly, he'd like it to go to john wagner so i'll be handing the original over to rufus at bristol. stay alert and you may catch a glimpse of a piece of history!

?5 a pop.

just pay it straight to me.

actually, ?10.
cool?
J

longmanshort

I'm DONE handing over money to you, Jock m'lad! ;)
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

jock

but, but... i did you a picture for free!

http://p5.hostingprod.com/@jamessime.com/jock/ZOMBIEcolour.jpg">

longmanshort

Not THIS thread, man! Quickly - to the EiN thread!

Oh, alright, I'll buy you a pint ;P

Byron Virgo

This buying a pint for services rendered thing...does that apply to everyone, or just those with talent?

jock

i say lms should buy you a pint too.....

longmanshort

WoD

I'm Byron and so's my wife...so that'll be two pints then....

Byron Virgo

...as long as one of them's for me (pint of vodka, obviously).

longmanshort

"Yes, Byron, it's vodka .... hmm? It tastes like meths? Well, I'm not sure the nice barman here would take too kindly to you implying tha ... oh dear ... I bet that hurt, didn't it..."

paulvonscott

Nice that it goes back to Mr Wagner in a sort of cosmic karma sense, but I feel thy pain!

Still, I'd love a gawk.

Byron Virgo

Meths, Vodka, Lighter Fluid, it's all the same to me.

Don't worry about hurting me though - the dead feel no pain...

Lord Running Clam

Jock,I seem to remember seeing a short interview type thing with you,on a sky channel afew years back.On it you showed a page by Carlos,which you said wasn't used in the prog as it was to violent,was that the page?It was a great page and I can see why you're upset.

Byron Virgo

That's 'Bank Robbery' alright: it did later see print in one of the annuals (albeit in a censored form), and was reprinted in full in one of the old Titan Chronicles of Judge Dredd books (no. 4?)

jock

crikey - yea, didn't think anyone had seen that...
i had just got the page then, and proudly showed it off to camera!