Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

I had never heard of him, I'm a middle aged white hetro guy so not really something I keep tabs on but I'm the type of person who thinks we are all the same and everyone has the right to be with whoever they want to be with.

Xulhaz Mannan & Tanay Mojumdar,, Xulhaz  was Editor of a LGBT magazine in Bangladesh and I understand Tanay was a co-founder.

Isis have claimed responsibility.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Hawkmumbler

Utterly distressing, not the least because it wouldn't be the first time such crimes created copy cat phenomenas. I shall have to keep my ear to the ground and see what I can do to help.

RIP to two wonderful people who deserved so much better than that.

rogue69

apparently the already dead are trying to get into the 2016 hall of the dead.

Terry Nutkins has been reported as dying today despite passing away in2012 

Spikes

Mmmm, this seems to happen more and more, with the 'dead-for-a-few-years-now' popping up in current news feeds.

Something is afoot...

rogue69

2 more actors from classic childhood programmes have passed away both of cancer

Barry Howard best known for playing dance instructor Barry Stuart-Hargreaves from "Hi De Hi, at the age of 78.
Mark Farmer best known for his role as Gary Hargreaves  from "Grange Hill" at the age of 53.

COMMANDO FORCES

Ken Barr aged 83, Commando covers artist.

Quote from Down the Tubes.
QuoteHe is perhaps best known to downthetubes readers for his Commando covers, but was an innovative artist whose covers for publishers such as Marvel and a wide variety of book publishers are highly regarded, making him one of the most beloved and collected comic artists.

sheridan

Quote from: rogue69 on 28 April, 2016, 11:44:04 PM
2 more actors from classic childhood programmes have passed away both of cancer

Barry Howard best known for playing dance instructor Barry Stuart-Hargreaves from "Hi De Hi, at the age of 78.
Mark Farmer best known for his role as Gary Hargreaves  from "Grange Hill" at the age of 53.
Can't place the Grange Hill actor (and yes, I have googled for images).  I'm actually a bit surprised how young the dance instructor from Hi De Hi must have been - I thought he was of about retirement age 30 years ago!

rogue69

he played Gary - older brother of Cathy (Lindy Brill) - on the school-based show from 1979 until 1981.

He first appeared in the fourth episode of the second series, vying for the affections of Trisha Yates, played by Michelle Herbert. His last appearance came in the sixteen episode of the fourth series.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/28/13/339E29EE00000578-3563439-image-m-14_1461845285785.jpg

ThryllSeekyr

Did that musician who calls himself Prince really die?

I read that they drilled into his music vault and found enough of his unreleased work to release a album a year for the next century.

Some medication was found on his person when his corpse was discovered. Not such fan of his work myself, but I can't deny his popularity.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 30 April, 2016, 04:14:52 PM

I read that they drilled into his music vault and found enough of his unreleased work to release a album a year for the next century.

Dying didn't stop Tupac, either. Aside from the four bullets he was drive-byed with.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 30 April, 2016, 04:14:52 PM

His parents called him Prince.  It was his name.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

Hawkmumbler

Dandontdare

shit, so he did - wonder why it's the 5th most popular trending story on the BBC website then?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 May, 2016, 12:37:40 PM
shit, so he did - wonder why it's the 5th most popular trending story on the BBC website then?
Because it was two years ago yesterday, so hundreds have people have seen it come up on their past life feed on facebook.
We never really die.